Studio Scale Landspeeder project

I thought this was why the engine cover was missing? :p

dewbacks_small.jpg

I've always LOVED this paining by Hugh Fleming.

I'll be hand filleting the cockpit area (easier to do on a physical model) and we're still tweaking the shapes here and there. If something catches your eye as being off, please speak up!

Ooooor!!!

What's the CG package, btw? If Rhino I could help with the filleting, though I agree it's sometimes easier to do things physically.

Looks great so far. :love
A few little things I noticed that are not present, that could just be chalked up to "not done yet", are the two notches in the grill on the right hand side. A radius where the middle engine stand joins the top of the speeder instead of a sharp angle. Along the back of the middle engine stand, or fin, is more curved inward. On the back where the engines are, there is a lip along the top ridge that is present on the 1:1 (but not the miniature). The lip behind the seat headrest appears to be curved instead of straight (unless that is an illusion). The wing scoops appear to extend closer to the engine itself. Currently it looks like it stops at the joint line, there the wings attach to the main body.

Last edited:
Thanks, yeah, some aren't done yet - the notches in the grill... did both 1:1 speeders have 'em? Were we to believe they were broken out sections? always wondered about that.

Martyn, yerp - Rhino!

I love the "low res" versions of R2, 3po and the guys....I don't think i would want to see anything but those riding the speeder!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back