My Dredd 2012 WIP (new pics!!! 04/24/13)

Re: My Dredd 2012 WIP

belt done, it's actually gloss black and ready to weather but the sunlight is bright on the pic.

belt.jpg

And I think I am done with helmet now except for a little dirt weathering, to get it dusty, that will be accomplished in the field outside.

d6.jpg

Playing with some clay to see if I can make tips for my boots, not a bad first try especially considering it is my very first sculpture ever, I went and followed a bunch of the masters threads and just gave it a shot.

boottip.jpg

That actually turned out really, really nicely, especially for a first try. I'm looking forward to seeing your boots take shape!

Second sculpt attempt ever, I never thought I could do this stuff, always wanted to be artsy! Still got lots to learn, but I am kinda psyched. Need to learn how to smooth large areas, and do fine detail......then need to learn how to mold them! lol

Shin Guard, made on a cut Zip tie bottle so it curves!

shinguardscultattempt1_2.jpg

shinguardscultattempt1.jpg

Keep at it, the build so far looks amazing! I am looking at putting together my own judge this year. Do you have a parts list for a rookie?

Nate, thanks I totally missed your question, I don't but there is a parts thread to ID, and over on FB there is a whole dredd army building up and getting in on a leather uniform build. SHoot me a pm and I'll link yah.

Re: My Dredd 2012 WIP (Boot build and Spacer Mesh Pics! 1/31)

Looking cool. On a side note, the original vests were just the mesh fabric.

Read through the first page, great work! I look forward to looking at the whole thread and seeing your progress. I can only hope mine is half of what yours is looking like. Whew!

these look awesome! and the heel cup wouls surely work? it's only the most heinous of "screen accurate or death" dweebs that'd be upset with that :D

My only concern is if they'd actually fit around the heel of the boot...dunno how you'd check that other than just buying some and trying to screw them on.

top work!!!

did u resole these boots? plus u gotta do a mould of the toe & shin pieces. PLEASE!

Yah I stripped off the smooth sole and had a vibram sole I picked up from ebay put on.

If I can do a decent sculpt I might make some, but I have to do that and learn to mold, the problem being different boots would have different toes and shins, so I am not sure how to work it through yet.

BvB, I am not sure but they go on a pair of sidi boots so I am thinking they would be close, but if I can get the hang of molding and sculpting I may try to sculpt them to look like the movie boots heel cup.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back