Gandalf The Grey robes and hat.

K

kornfreak78

I have spent the last few days trying to find any information I can about Gandalf's robes and hat that he wears. I am mostly trying to find a place that would be willing to make a custom robe and hat.. but everything I have found online is cheapy Halloween style.... I want quality. It doesn't have to be movie quality.. just something close to it. I can't find anyone that makes them. I've found a few places that offer suggestions on materials and fabrics to use to make your own.. but I have no idea how to sew.. or how to create patterns needed for a cloak , robe , or hat. I am just desperately trying to find people that might be willing to make them or teach me how. I am very willing to learn I just don't know anyone that has this kind of knowledge. If anyone on here has ANY information on where to buy custom made replica Gandalf robes, cloaks, and hats.. PLEASE let me know. I would greatly appreciate any information. Thank you! :)

I have spent the last few days trying to find any information I can about Gandalf's robes and hat that he wears. I am mostly trying to find a place that would be willing to make a custom robe and hat.. but everything I have found online is cheapy Halloween style.... I want quality. It doesn't have to be movie quality.. just something close to it. I can't find anyone that makes them. I've found a few places that offer suggestions on materials and fabrics to use to make your own.. but I have no idea how to sew.. or how to create patterns needed for a cloak , robe , or hat. I am just desperately trying to find people that might be willing to make them or teach me how. I am very willing to learn I just don't know anyone that has this kind of knowledge. If anyone on here has ANY information on where to buy custom made replica Gandalf robes, cloaks, and hats.. PLEASE let me know. I would greatly appreciate any information. Thank you! :)

I'm having a similar problem with my cosplay in the way i cant sew either. From other suggestions and from experience i would try to find a local seamstress and you can commission a robe to be made for you. Or you can do the fabric research yourself then talk to someone who can sew on here and I'm sure they'll be happy to sew it for you. But good luck man Gandalf is an awesome character i cant wait to see what you put together!

We're going to be making one for a guy in our group. I can ask the other seamstress if she has time. ( I don't myself ) Also, you can buy an actual scarf from the ones who did the originals online.
Felt for the hat is pretty easy to work with.

hey man reading about a gandalf cosplay just sounded so awesome so i have been searching all over the net for quality cosplay kits. Unfortunately its very hard to find pre made gandalf the grey kits but i did find a pretty nice gandalf the white kit. Here's the link for you Movie & Game Cosplay - Lord Of The Rings - Gandalf I'm actually looking into this for myself as well. Its not 100% accurate; its missing the vest and there should be no collar and its not too bright. Those little things are not deal breakers but if the color itself bothers you, you can think about it getting dusty and less bright from battle or you could just bleach the whole costume. Good luck on your quest man!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back