New material to replace body filler?

quinlisk

So I'm fairly new to the whole pepakura thing and I've made a few parts of my iron man suit but when it comes to the part where you apply the body filler and sand and sand and sand some more, I've grown to hate it! I want it perfect but some of the smaller details can be tricky.

I've done some searching but can't really seem to find any alternative. I was hoping some people could share what they have used to try and replace the body filler.

Also I found something after doing some digging that might be a really good replacement. Its light weight, sandable, low shrinkage, and has a really long working time. Here's a link to it, let me know what you guys think.

Free Form® Air Epoxy Putty - lightweight tooling and laminating epoxy

Heavy, harder to sand, more expensive...good stuff, but i wouldn't use it in the place of Bondo.

So their claims that its light weight aren't true? And I definitely don't want to use anything that is harder to sand. Thanks for the heads up

Epoxy clay is a good material. It tends to be a expensive.
I have used it to fill cracks in some air dry clay sculpts.

I looked into it some and I see some people use Aves Epoxy Sculpt. Do you have any experience with that? It seems to be a pretty good product

Use epoxy filler ..not bondo ...bondo is a polyester product and is wery toxic and harder to sand ...

i use a 2 component odour less epoxy filler who is really light to sand and create details ...se my daft punk helmet

http://www.therpf.com/f24/tron-legacy-d-p-thomas-helmet-163708/#post2629857

Do you have any brand names and where you got it?

Instead of bondo I use Evercoat Rage. Similar to bondo but very easy to sand especially if you start before it has totally cured. It even polishes somewhat. But pretty expensive.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back