Spider-man Costume

cos1.pngcos2.png
my costume is finally here!!!
tell me what you think.
and question, do I make holes and than glue the lenses or glue the lenses than make holes?

I love your design and the colors are magnificent. I think the shading near the collar bone is a little dark though and the shading for the knees look displaced..

Last edited:
sweet pattern bro

also i always wonderd how you made the atual pattern do you use like a blank one and put your design on then send it of somewhere, or is it all done by yourself ?

Last edited:
and question, do I make holes and than glue the lenses or glue the lenses than make holes?
Brad's the guy to listen to as nobody knows as much about making spidey suits as he does. If he says holes after works best, I believe him. Makes sense if you've got a good stand-in head to check the alignment and everything with the webs, make it all look good from the outside first, then cut eye holes for comfort and placement.

I did the holes first just to be able to check fit and whatnot while wearing the suit. It's tough to put the mask on properly if you don't have eye holes to "aim" at from inside. You can see in the pictures that you've done what everybody does at first and not pulled the mask down far enough, so your chin is caught in the neck instead of sitting in the mask area where there's more room. The actual eye area between the webs is on your forehead.
20130330_191218_zpsbbe2daeb.jpg Photo by Lunaman1 | Photobucket

By the way, your sewing and fit looks flawless. Who did it? Do you have the normal side zips? My zippers have some buckling going on at the sides in certain positions.
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/Lu...9-4ee5-bfa7-f15307efdb70_zpse8cb575a.jpg.html

Another suggestion you might also take that I'm using on your print is that I'm going in and darkening all of the web lines by hand. I think it looks killer with your design. You can see the progress I've made on the chest and mask here, as compared to the unfinished shoulder and side of the neck:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/Lunaman1/media/20130420_204958_zps728de278.jpg.html

Last edited:
spidyfan - I made it myself using the original pattern from the first spidey movie that was posted here a few years ago as a base.
Lunaman - Tanx! Tropywife sewed mine as well, 2 zippers in the back, one up to the neck, and one for the head. It's great but kinda hard to move my head without the lenses stretching up and away from my eyes.
spide1.pngspie2.png

Yea, that pull upwards is from the reduced stretch along the spine. Looks really sleek though, that's for sure.
Really interesting eye design, sort of a Sal Buscema swoop going on. Glad the projects coming together for you! Thanks again for making such great designs.

That's the problem with zips in the back of the hood. They don't allow the fabric down the back of the hood to stretch so when you look down your head actually movies inside the hood and frames end up on top of your forehead. I stopped doing zippers this way a few years back. A good faceshell with magnetic eye frames or frames glued to the shell might solve problem. When gluing on eye frames I use a mannequin head to wear the suit hood to ensure placement is correct.

Brad.

spidyfan - I made it myself using the original pattern from the first spidey movie that was posted here a few years ago as a base.
Lunaman - Tanx! Tropywife sewed mine as well, 2 zippers in the back, one up to the neck, and one for the head. It's great but kinda hard to move my head without the lenses stretching up and away from my eyes.
View attachment 179849View attachment 179850

thanks dude and by the way this costume is just impossibly brilliant 10/10

not to bug you but would you mind going into so greater depth for me ? if not i understand but i've always wanted to create my own.

for example did you just print over the existing pattern?

Orhadar,

That suit looks absolutely incredible. Great to see some other Spidey designs getting some love and it fits you fantastically! Bet if feels good to finally have it.

-Nick

hey if you are going for the full classic style and your set on the shoes having red soles you could put the shoe on with a red material on the soles of the shoes them selves(giving the 'boot/shoe' more structure)

question, what kind of glue should I use for attaching the soles? wouldn't glue ruin the fabric?
I mean, well, yea it'll ruin the part of the fabric that's underneath the sole, but it's...underneath the sole. You want the glue to impregnate the fabric there, so it adheres properly.

Shoe goo is the recommended adhesive. I used E6000, which is made by the same manufacturer but is less runny when you apply it. Worked very well.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/...2a5-f38b326c0bfc_zps90c560a4.jpg?t=1368340968

Last edited:
I don't think I can get shoe goo here, would super-glue work? ^^
Most likely not, you need the glue to be flexible after it cures, so it can bend with the sole. I've seen some of the budget builds use hot glue to attach their shoes, but that really squicks me out, seems like it would have zero durability long-term. Can't you order the glue? Or go to a crafts or arts supply store and ask them. Some Wal-Marts have shoe goo, but not around here. I got my E6000 at a Blick's arts supply store.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back