****Gladiator Helmet*****Finished

Tim Allen

Sr Member
Well its bronzed and just needs alot of sanding and attaching of the face plate with some better bolts before im able to make another mold for the fiberglass/resin version of this baby so it will be wearble. Enjoy

Last edited:
I'd been wondering what became of this project.

The helmet looks great. Very nice work. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I'm looking forward to seeing the wearable version on your head. The biggest problem with the Factory X model is that it's a tough fit on anyone with a hat size much above a 7. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(temponaut @ Dec 2 2006, 10:40 AM) [snapback]1370307[/snapback]</div>
I'd been wondering what became of this project.

The helmet looks great. Very nice work. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I'm looking forward to seeing the wearable version on your head. The biggest problem with the Factory X model is that it's a tough fit on anyone with a hat size much above a 7. :)
[/b]

Yes thats what ive heard, not sure how big/small mine is in comparision to the FX ones but maybe do a version 2.0 down the road for bigger heads.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tim Allen @ Dec 3 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]1370511[/snapback]</div>
maybe do a version 2.0 down the road for bigger heads.[/b]
I wonder how big the original is. Russell Crowe strikes me as a guy with a big head. I'm not being (completely) facetious here; he looks to me like a larger-than-average guy with a larger-than-average head. Does anybody know what size hat he wears?

In any case, a V.2 for collectors and costumers with larger noodles is a great idea. Thanks for keeping it in mind. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(temponaut @ Dec 3 2006, 12:23 AM) [snapback]1370518[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tim Allen @ Dec 3 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]1370511[/snapback]
maybe do a version 2.0 down the road for bigger heads.[/b]
I wonder how big the original is. Russell Crowe strikes me as a guy with a big head. I'm not being (completely) facetious here; he looks to me like a larger-than-average guy with a larger-than-average head. Does anybody know what size hat he wears?

In any case, a V.2 for collectors and costumers with larger noodles is a great idea. Thanks for keeping it in mind. :thumbsup
[/b][/quote]

Yes ill agree with that, when i was sculpting it I had to downsize it a tad because my ref photos would of made the helmet much larger than my head and in the process I did some tweaking so that it fit my face and head pretty snug. Granted a shifting of the face plate forward could easily fix that problem but the dome itself its fairly smaller than the screen used one.

Awesome work. I would definitely be interested in one once you get it cast in resin if you are going to mass produce them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(M Bison @ Dec 4 2006, 06:08 AM) [snapback]1371081[/snapback]</div>
Awesome work. I would definitely be interested in one once you get it cast in resin if you are going to mass produce them.
[/b]

Thats the game plan down the road, Ive got some new Fett parts coming out soon, so onces that projects done ill start on the resin/fiberglass molding of the Gladiator Helmet.

Nice job. This is from the movie Gladiator? I guess I'll have to dig it out and watch it again since it looks more fantasy-like than historical. But it is a nice piece though.

Seth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JunkSabers1138 @ Dec 5 2006, 12:01 PM) [snapback]1371545[/snapback]</div>
This is from the movie Gladiator?[/b]
Yes, from Gladiator.

Gladiator_Crowe.jpg

Tim Allen's sculpt is quite a nice likeness. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back