Markpoon Nike MAG Mod Ideas

MitasTouch

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Like a lot of other people, I want to make the MP MAGs more accurate. I've done some planning and have devised methods of doing so. I made this so others can follow this and get the most out of their Markpoons. There are two methods which I have thought up that no one has done before, and the others are from other members. They would be Jedifyfe, Cavx, and S02. High praise to those guys.

Here is a list on what I will do to my MAGs.
1. Toe fix
2. More accurate soles (I'll explain that later on)
3. More accurate heel cups, and ankle buckles
4. Widen the lace areas
5. Add ribs
6. Add electronics
7. Clear soles

So now o the explanation on how I will do these things.
1. Toe fix
This is probably the easiest mod. Jedifyfe has a tutorial on it.

2. More accurate soles
sole1.jpg

sole2.jpg

It's all possible with a product called Surgu. https://sugru.com/ It's a rubber putty substance that can be molded into any shape, cures at room temperature, and stays flexible. There's no grey so you have to mix white and black until you match the color of the mid sole.

nEJr0s54RgmS9mUEobSU

First you use a little math to get a picture of the side of the shoe sole you want to replicate to the ratio of the shoe you want to mod. This can work from pretty much any shoe. It's really simple math. Cross multiplying stuff.

Then you print out the picture of the side of the sole and cut it out. Make sure to cut away the the rubber part where the EL would go so you end up with just the mid sole piece. Now line it up with the modding shoe and draw on it where things need to be cut and cut it with a razor blade. Also use the printed out sole as a template for the entire shape to cut out of the putty. Then cut off the pieces from the Sugru that you made with the template to match the pieces missing from the sole. You might have to use some glue to attach them, but I'm not sure. Try to blend it so a seam isn't so visible. Make sure it's all smooth and let it cure And you're done :)

3. More accurate heel cups and ankle buckles

I will also use sugru on it to add the necessary things to it and also cut away what isn't needed. And since I don't have vast skills with sculpting, I will make the ankle buckles out of foam. They will start out flat and I'll add things onto it and use heat to form it a little.

4. Widen the lace areas
5. Add ribs

These are ideas that I got from S02. Thank you S02 :)

6. Add electronics.

You can follow Jedifyfe's tutorial and make your own, or buy a kit from S02. I haven't decided on that one yet.

7. Clear soles

Cavx might have clear sole sheets for sale soon and that is what I will be doing for my soles if everything goes right with it.

I hope you enjoyed my ideas. I will actually start all of this next year because I have enough on my plate. I just wanted everyone to know about this before I actually do it. I hope you enjoyed this. Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited:
Just a tease and the direction I am taking mine

nike-mag-knockoffs-clear-sides-el.jpg-130571d1354703604

Not sure if this will work for the entire clear sole, but should be find for the sides where the EL goes.

I've done blue red and green to give a better idea of what can be done for customized MAGs as well as SA.

I just recently thought of another idea. I'm not sure if it would work, but it's pretty neat. Ok so my idea is to take off the upper from the MP and unstitch it so you can lay the fabric out flat. Then have a template based off of the RD MAG adjusted to the length and height of the MP. Then see if you can cut away at the fabric to make it a more correct shape. If it can then you will get a pretty accurate upper out of it. But if it doesn't then oh well lol.

Before you do that, let me suggest that stuff the shoe with socks, then cover the entire thing in masking tape. You cut the tape off and lay that on paper and you will have both your intact shoe and the flat 2D pattern.

Before you do that, let me suggest that stuff the shoe with socks, then cover the entire thing in masking tape. You cut the tape off and lay that on paper and you will have both your intact shoe and the flat 2D pattern.

Thank you! I would have never thought of that. :)

This technique was how I made my patterns. Because I used the V1 K-MAG, the patterns were never going to be accurate from the start and why I keep modding them.

Look up "how to make shoes" on YouTube and you should find a heap of videos on how to do this.

Some key points:

1. Because these shoes have two seams, you need to make sure that is the first place to place extra tape because that is where you will cut the tape off.

2. You might want to lay paper on the seams so you don't cut the shoe when you cut the seams to remove the tape.

This wait for my MPs is really nerve racking. Based on arrival times from other people on Markpoon's selling thread, I should get them by tomorrow, Saturday, or Monday.

If you have a tracking number your are all good. This time of year tends to slow the delivery times as well.

If you have a tracking number your are all good. This time of year tends to slow the delivery times as well.

I do have one, but all it says when I go to track it on the Singapore mail website is Despatched to overseas (Country code: US) And yes, dispatched is actually spelled like that on the site. Also when I track it on the United States Postal Service website, the last time it was updated was the 28th of last month. And for some reason, the shipping option Markpoon chose only has tracking that only tells you where it was shipped from and nothing else.
"If you used another service—Delivery Confirmation™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery."
Markpoon used Registered Mail.

Last edited:
Ok I got them yesterday, and just by inspecting them, that idea I mad a little while ago doesn't look like it would work. I'm still VERY happy with them though.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back