Iron man MK IV build

Onephattsi2

What's up everyone! I have yet to create a build thread for my suit, simply because of the log jam of iron man suits that reside here most everyday, but I would like to share with you all a little about my suit.

I started this suit approx November of 2011, with the goal of being finished by Halloween of this year. When i started, I took quite a few pictures, but as the build progressed, and it got closer and close to Halloween, I found myself zoning out and concentrating on the build its self and not taking as many pics as I would have liked. But I will share everything that I have :).

I started with a duct tape dummy, thanks to Stealth's tutorial, and as I pepped each piece, I modified each piece from their original, so that it would be a tight fitting suit. No offense to the amazing suits I have saw, I have never been a fan of the void that you can see between the chest plate and the actual wearers chest, or the back armor and actual back, ect, ect. So I tried my best to make this a very tight fitting suit as I could with the help of my "dummy"

I also didn't want to use magnets to hold the upper body together, so I used Chicago screws to basically bolt the brace together, then the two breast plates bolt to the brace, and the chest piece bolts to the breast plates, it makes for a very study assembly, although it is tedious and time consuming to get on and off... I will post pictures of this later as I don't have. Any at the moment..

The rest of the suit is your run of the mills strapping with parachute clips and Velcro.

Big should outs to RoBO for his pep files, pannus props for the helmet, zabana for his gloves and fingers(although I am in the process of building my own), project earth7 for his unibeam and repulsors, bigturcc for his hip pods, and masked rider for the neck seal.

Now on to the pics :)

Forgive the last pic , the neck seal wasn't totally completed and was missing its Velcro to hold it closed. Those were just test fitting pics before I did final filling and sanding work before paint.

Thanks for looking!! And I also have more pics on my other phone that I will later :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X

Last edited:
I will get some better completed pics of the suit to post, I posted a few in the Halloween thread. But they are all dark, :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X

Here are a few pics of how I bolt the brace and chest pieces together... Once this is all together... The back covers it all up them the front and back bolt together at the sides...

And a couple pics of the back.... To show the weathering and "damage" to it.. you can see it isn't perfect.. but I am still proud of it, lol I think I am going to rebuild the back over the summer..

Sent from my HTC One X

Nice!! My parts finally on a suit! :) Great job!!!

Now, I'm confused, was this suit completed for Halloween and you just didn't have time to post pics? Or you're still making it?

Keep up the good work!

It was complete enough to have a go around at a few local watering holes in the dark to win some money :thumbup::thumbup: lol.. I actually finished painting it about 2 days before all of the big Halloween parties.. I have just never got around to posting a thread showing any of he build work on it...

you know just normal people don't recognise the short comings of a truly completed suit as we all would... So I could get by with it locally, lol

I am working on some details still yet. Like i am modifying that set of hands that I got from you to make a nice tight fitting very mobile set of gloves for the suit.. and I am kicking around ideas about a hinge and servo setup for the helmet, because It is very tight fitting.. and there were a few problems that came to light while wearing it that night that I am now repairing and improving. Such as the front leg flaps and boot flaps..

I have a few Halloween pics in the suit, but I am going to post up some better pics once I get it back out and have a go on the daylight with it.

Sent from my HTC One X

Boy .. I'm glad you'll end up using my hand set!! I thought these we thrown in the garbage! I still haven't done anything to mine .. my build is .. not .. going forward! :|

hahaa... yeah i couldn't throw those things away!!!!... haha.. ill post up a few pics in the next few days when i get a little bit to work on them some more.... the holiday season is wearing me out!!!!

I am actually going to be going to the local childrens hospital on the 19th to visit the kids and just browse arond the hospital, so i shold hopefully get some better pics of the suit then!!

Last edited:
Thank jeff!! I will post some pics tonight or tomorrow from the grade school function I went to this evening.... I was auctioned off for 85 bucks as part of a live auction to raise money for the pto of the school... So I will get to got someones birthday party or some other function for them :)

Sent from my HTC One X

Here are a few pics of how i separated the hands and how they connect.. I never liked the full split of the glove as it always seems that if I flex my hand it trays to separate the two halves... So I decided to try it this way. And it works amazing!! When you flex your hand or even bend it it simply pressures the lip that goes into the palm piece from the back of the hand. The actually makes the glove tighter... And a couple of Neo magnets at the wrist area hold it all together nice and tight :) its actually pretty hard to get this thing apart once its on your hand

Sent from my HTC One X

Here is one pic from the live auction I participated in yesterday, I was "sold" for $85 dollars in exchange for a 30 minute party appearance! It was for a good cause:). More pics to come as I get them

Sent from my HTC One X

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back