Iron man MK IV build

Sweet job, I like seeing the different ways poeple put these things together.

Thanks man!!

Another small update, I have finished repainting the legs and arms... The lengthened shin/calf armor looks a lot better IMO, they always looked short and pudgy and I didn't like it.... Now that this is finished, again.... It is time to move on to some fun stuff..... After Halloween I am going to start on molding the suit and casting copies, hopefully to save weight and be a little sturdier. Also I want to animate the back and maybe the calves with the stabilizer flaps. First I am going to work on motorizing the helmet though....
The last pic shows kind of a side by side of the original shin against the now modified pieces. It isn't a huge difference, but I think it makes a world of difference in the look of them...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381433699756.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381433699756.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 169
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381433712166.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381433712166.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 172
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381433722730.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381433722730.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 170
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381433734426.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381433734426.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 172
90% of the votes out of 9 costumees .. I think you're up there my man!

Voted for you of course, you're way ahead of the competition! :)

Voted.
I just wanted to add to the other comments on just how DAMN AWESOME your suit is! I originally found Stealth's videos as well as your videos on Youtube along with pictures of your suit and I have not been the same since. I want to start my own suit and I have been reading, reading, reading my brains out on how to do it. Your suit looks so much like the original in it's proprotions and finish. Your attention to the fit and detail really shows. I have been looking for your build thread here on the RPF since I joined and I am glad to have found it!!

Thanks man!!!! I'm glad I can give you some inspiration, Stealth and a few others are definitely why I starter with an iron man suit way back when. So I owe a ton of thanks and respect to more than a few guys here. Just sit down, and start slow, don't let it overwhelm you, because it can if you try to much at once!!

Hey man just wondering how you held the individual abs pieces together to fiberglass them. or did u fiberblass each one seperate

I glued them together while they were still paper.... Then fiberglassed them all at the same time.... You just have to look at some pics of the mark iv suit, and kind of get the spacing right...

amazing work, and your paint skills are phenomenal.
youre huge as fuuuu too which gives a greater iron man "presence"

amazing work, and your paint skills are phenomenal.
youre huge as fuuuu too which gives a greater iron man "presence"

Totally agree, the paint job can make or break a suit.
Your work is epic (amazing has already been taken).

One of my favorite pics, taken at a trick or treat event at the local mall

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385928863902.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385928863902.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 185
Superb build, your IM looks really mean! great to see you making tweaks to armour, have you thought about adding the plated section to the top of the thighs? It would make the legs look longer and fill in that gap between the thigh and cod piece

I have the upper thigh pieces on my "to-do" update list... But the problem I have ran into is that my cod is so tight to my thighs, it won't allow the upper thigh armor to slide up into it when I walk... So I am exploring other options and configurations or what to use... Also on the upper thigh on the rear of the thigh.... Along with the inner elbows and inner rear knee pieces...

What if you made the plating able to slide into the thigh section similar to a draw mechanism and then have a elastic strap attached to the cod and plate piece to pull it back up again?

What if you made the plating able to slide into the thigh section similar to a draw mechanism and then have a elastic strap attached to the cod and plate piece to pull it back up again?

That is kind of what I am planning on.... But I am going to make it in two overlapping pieces, where most everyone else has one piece covers... :)

But that is all in the future... I am working on the electronics for the helmet, molding and modifying the back for motorized flaps, in between trying to get a little done on my master chief armor..

Its been slow for me, as I am in the process of closing on a new home and will be in the process of moving within the next few weeks... But in the meantime, here are a few pics that were taken at the local mall while at a trick or treat event, pics were taken and edited by a close family friend... I am hoping to get moved In and start molding and casting the back and flaps intime to have it all finished up prior to the Lexington Comic Con in March....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387200666827.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387200666827.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 122
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387200730323.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387200730323.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 109
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387200752204.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387200752204.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 111
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387200766524.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387200766524.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 117
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387200789247.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387200789247.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 122
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back