Iron man MK IV build

One of the best IM suits i've ever sean!!! Good looking and perfect scaling into your body ;-)

Can't wait to see more pictures of you using the suit......this threath is really an inspiration.
All days i came here to see if you put some new photos :p ;-)

Hi guys...im very new to all this and after seeing all your designs..WOW!! they are fantastic!! well done to u all... just need some help if someone would be very kind.. iv downloaded the Pepakura Viewer and Designer 3... tried uploading some iron man files..namely Mk 3 n 4.. when i go to open them with either the Viewer or Design it doesnt work...am i doing something wrong?? lol would be very greatful for ur help and look forward to seeing some more amazing pieces of Iron Man Art!!!
THANK YOU GUYS.
Simon :)

Ironman at Chuck E Cheese!!!!!

It seems every time I wear this suit, I find something else I want to fix or improve. The hands plates are still giving me fits.... I am wondering if just making them one piece will help instead of trying to actually make them hinge in the middle.. I am running out of ideas :-( aggrivates me.

Sent from my HTC One X

What's up everyone! I have yet to create a build thread for my suit, simply because of the log jam of iron man suits that reside here most everyday, but I would like to share with you all a little about my suit.

I started this suit approx November of 2011, with the goal of being finished by Halloween of this year. When i started, I took quite a few pictures, but as the build progressed, and it got closer and close to Halloween, I found myself zoning out and concentrating on the build its self and not taking as many pics as I would have liked. But I will share everything that I have :).

I started with a duct tape dummy, thanks to Stealth's tutorial, and as I pepped each piece, I modified each piece from their original, so that it would be a tight fitting suit. No offense to the amazing suits I have saw, I have never been a fan of the void that you can see between the chest plate and the actual wearers chest, or the back armor and actual back, ect, ect. So I tried my best to make this a very tight fitting suit as I could with the help of my "dummy"

I also didn't want to use magnets to hold the upper body together, so I used Chicago screws to basically bolt the brace together, then the two breast plates bolt to the brace, and the chest piece bolts to the breast plates, it makes for a very study assembly, although it is tedious and time consuming to get on and off... I will post pictures of this later as I don't have. Any at the moment..

The rest of the suit is your run of the mills strapping with parachute clips and Velcro.

Big should outs to RoBO for his pep files, pannus props for the helmet, zabana for his gloves and fingers(although I am in the process of building my own), project earth7 for his unibeam and repulsors, bigturcc for his hip pods, and masked rider for the neck seal.

Now on to the pics :)

Forgive the last pic , the neck seal wasn't totally completed and was missing its Velcro to hold it closed. Those were just test fitting pics before I did final filling and sanding work before paint.

Thanks for looking!! And I also have more pics on my other phone that I will later :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X
hi can you tell me how to scale iron man parts? i know how to scale but only halo armor... I am looking for this scale all forum..

to be totally honest man, i scaled by trial and error, i found a scale that worked for the arms and legs, but i had to use a larger scale for the boots, and cod/abs, i am a size US13 shoe, and even though most default scale files say they fit a 34" waist, it was too small for my 34" waist, lol......

hi can you tell me how to scale iron man parts? i know how to scale but only halo armor... I am looking for this scale all forum..

Had my picture in the news paper this morning!!!! I had no idea it was going to be there.... But it is very humbling to see yourself in print like that..... I have a lot of picture from the event this picture was taken at also, it was a "high heel hike for autism" raising money for the local children's therapy center by ladies and gents donating money and walking a 1K around the local mall, it was an awesome time!!! So awesome the mall has asked me to return and do an exclusive appearance for kinda and their parents to get pictures and meet me!!

Sent from my HTC One X

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366811280719.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366811280719.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 229
This is one of my favorite pics now!!! Lol just looks mean...

Sent from my HTC One X

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367239013102.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367239013102.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 251
Sent from my HTC One X

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367412312074.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367412312074.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 237
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367412330016.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367412330016.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 189
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367412352051.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367412352051.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 249
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367412373307.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367412373307.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 199
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367412393431.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367412393431.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 211
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367412408547.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367412408547.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 220
Thanks man!!! It is definitely fun to wear!. It is starting to get a little beat up though, so I am going to have to take it out of commission soon to fix a few things and repaint it, update a few things and make up big upgrades prior to Halloween!!!

Sent from my HTC One X

I made a small "suit up" video that shows how the suit goes together, I hope you all enjoy it!!! The video cuts off at the end because the camera runs out of storage, ugh.... But its nearly complete by that time!!! The strap comes apart on my cod piece about halfway through, the strapping actually comes out of the adjuster, I have since fixed that....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhrVDs5fUx0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my HTC One X

Here are a couple of teaser pics from a photo shoot i did Saturday, these are really raw, can't wait to the whole set finished!!!

Sent from my HTC One X

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370264746751.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370264746751.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 244
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370264755795.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370264755795.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 236
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back