Iron man MK IV build

Thanks man!!!!!

Here are a few more, almost have all 10 fingers! Gonna try to start fiberglassing them this evening..
:

Sent from my HTC One X

As a total noob trying to read up and get some research in before I attempt to do my own build I must say this is prolly the best suit thread I came across. Nothing more beats visual accuracy to looking like the real thing and your spot on. You look like a showroom Lexus coming into that party from your YouTube link..gonna try to to follow your footsteps and research the files you used...thanks for motivational thread and great work!!

Thanks!!!!!.... if you need any help or pointers, i will try to help out with any questions or problems you have... dont by shy or hesitant to ask anything, like they say, they only bad question, is the one you never ask!!!!

As a total noob trying to read up and get some research in before I attempt to do my own build I must say this is prolly the best suit thread I came across. Nothing more beats visual accuracy to looking like the real thing and your spot on. You look like a showroom Lexus coming into that party from your YouTube link..gonna try to to follow your footsteps and research the files you used...thanks for motivational thread and great work!!

In the next few weeks, i should have some updates for this suit also, I have been working on a way to make a PA or sorts to mount speakers in the chest plate, and a microphone in the helmet, because it is extremely hard to hear me talk with the suit on.

Also, i am going to be re-doing the hinges on the knee joints, and some of the strapping, because i am having a few issues with the adjusters giving a little as it is worn, and a few pieces, such as the legs, and cod become a little loose during the day..

I have yet to find a really good way for the foot flaps, and the secondary flap at the bottom of the leg to articulate and move as i walk, without becoming loose after a couple of wearings, so i will be working on that also..

Last edited:
Thank's for your dedication. Your work inspires anyone that comes to your thread.
Thank's again, this "simple" is one of the best IM suits i ever saw! ;-)

I had never been happy with the fingers I had for my gloves, which is why I have no photos of me with a full glove and fingers on, so I have decided to make another set, it has taken me about 5 hours to get these four fingers cut and glued so far...

I am also are working the hand plates so they flow and fit my arms and gloves better, i was also never happy with my originals of those either, which Is why I have never worn them for any event,

I hope to have all of these done by Feb 23, as I have 2 birthday parties to attend as ironman that weekend..... I will get some pictures of the hand plates in the next few days... They are close to being ready to paint..m

Sent from my HTC One X

thanks for posting the extra pictures, I am building the Iron Man hands and arms for a different costume at the moment and I have really having trouble getting them really neat and I hadn't seen a lot of good ones.
your new ones are looking great!

Here is a few pics of one of my finished set of fingers, I drilled them and tied the sides together with fishing line, and also I painted some elastic red to match the gloves, and ran it along the inside of the top of the fingers and into the actual gloves, to attach the fingers to the glove, the elastic also helps keep the fingers in line and together when my palm is flat

Sent from my HTC One X

Re: Re: Iron man MK IV build

Are you going to make thigh covers ?

Yessir... They are on my list.. I am going to do front and rear covers for the thighs and elbows and back of the knees.
But right now I'm trying to finish the fingers and I am working on a voice amplification device and a few other small things...

Sent from my HTC One X

Thanks man,!! I cant take full credit for the gloves, I had bought a set that BigTurc had pepped but never finished.... I had to resin one of them and fix a little damage the other received in shipping, then smooth and finish them out.

Then I made my own set of fingers for them...

Sent from my HTC One X

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back