Foam is cool and all but blam... Resin replica suit's always make me say "wow"

The proportions are killer
I really like it a lot. :)

amazing work man!!
Nice to see a resin suit pop up again.

Foam is cool and all but blam... Resin replica suit's always make me say "wow"

The proportions are killer
I really like it a lot. :)

Its a true honor coming from you stealth!! I have watched all of your videos and followed all of your builds, I have definitely learned a lot from you.. I used your tutorial to build my own duct tape dummy.. love all of your work man!!!

Sent from my HTC One X

Man, after seeing this, it makes me so happy to be building a rigid suit again. I know it might be tough to wear but it looks so real :)

Man, after seeing this, it makes me so happy to be building a rigid suit again. I know it might be tough to wear but it looks so real :)

Once you get used to knowing the limitations of the movement its alright..... My biggest part is adjusting to the weight of the boots...and the very limited visibility..

Sent from my HTC One X

Great job! Seeing a finished suit always makes me happy.. And finally this is the first time i actually seen someone put lights on the bottom of their boots! May i ask did you use fiberglass resin to make your armor rigid?

Great job! Seeing a finished suit always makes me happy.. And finally this is the first time i actually seen someone put lights on the bottom of their boots! May i ask did you use fiberglass resin to make your armor rigid?

Thanks!!!!! Yes I used liquid resin on the exterior of the pieces and then 3 layers of mat on the interior, then I used rage gold extreme filler and icing filler to smooth it all out :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X

here are some pics from my visit to the local women and children's hospital! I have some more but I don't really want to post any of the children's faces...

Sent from my HTC One X

i love how you've managed to pull this off so well...if you don't mind me asking how did you get the suit fitting so well? did you do a few test pep pieces before you found the correct sizing or did you use a calculation to determine your correct scale?

Wouldn't mind knowing this as i'm starting mine now and the chest size i modified to around 23.999 as i'm 5.7" and weigh in at 154pounds, slim build...its taking me ages to do the pep stuff and i plan to build in foam but dont want to risk making parts in foam that dont fit so playing around with the pep stuff first.

Thanks for your help.:)

Thanks man!... What I did was first I followed Stealth's tutorial on building a duct tape dummy, that was the key to the whole thing... Because once I had an almost exact copy of myself to work with, I could pretty much custom form the suit to my body.. and here is what I did..

First I built the cod and ab sections, because really If you think about it, the entire suit is built around those pieces. And it took a couple of times building it before I got it to my liking, and right now I really have to squeeze I to it to put it on...once I found the correct scaling for that, which happened to be 26.6 on ROBO's files . . The rest of the suit pretty much all took the same scaling, except the boots, I think they were somewhere around d 27.7, because I wear a size 13 shoe...

Once I had the cod and and pepped, I fiberglassed them while they were on the mannequin, so I could tape the pep ans make it right around "my" torso. Then I began to build the remaining pieces, like the chest and back and shoulder plates that go between... And the brace that goes under it all, and on my suit, the brace is what holds everything together.. and every piece I built, I taped it to the dummy and fiberglassed it while it was on the dummy. Even when I would lay the mat on the interior of the pieces, I would pull the piece off and lay the mat, then put the piece back on the dummy to dry so it would be in the shape I wanted it to be.. the duct tape wouldn't allow the fiberglass to stuck to the dummy, and I covered all presiously pepped and smoothed work with painters tape so it would separate easily

I know this may be the long way around doing all of this, instead of just building pieces all the same size and glassing them and hoping they fit properly.. I made sure that each piece fit just right on the mannequin, and i test fitted every piece as I went and n sections, so I knew the cod and abs fit me, and the chest fit me just as it did on the mannequin.... But I really wanted to make sure it was a very tight fitting suit..

I hope this helped you out at least a little. If you need me to explain anymore, or have any other questions, just fire away man, ill be more than happy to help any way I can..

Sent from my HTC One X

Thats spot on what i was after! Its taking so long to create the chest and back that before i went any further i thought i'd find out how you did it, last thing i need is to re-do a large piece again so i'll make the dummy at the weekend and do the cod piece/abs next and go from there.

You're a lot taller than me so the suit looks spot on! RDJ is around my height so hoping i can pull it off just as well as you in a foam build.

Thanks again for your help- i'm just making a list of the plumbing supplies i need to get the dummy done :love

You are welcome man!!! I am always happy to help in anyway I can... I have learned a ton of things from people on this forum and I love to contribute as much as I can when I can just to kind of repay what I have learned..

Sent from my HTC One X

Thanks fellas!!!!! The RPF is what inspired and pushed me through this build :) even though its still a work in progress, its fun to take out from time to time to make a kids day!!!!

Sent from my HTC One X

I had never been happy with the fingers I had for my gloves, which is why I have no photos of me with a full glove and fingers on, so I have decided to make another set, it has taken me about 5 hours to get these four fingers cut and glued so far...

I am also are working the hand plates so they flow and fit my arms and gloves better, i was also never happy with my originals of those either, which Is why I have never worn them for any event,

I hope to have all of these done by Feb 23, as I have 2 birthday parties to attend as ironman that weekend..... I will get some pictures of the hand plates in the next few days... They are close to being ready to paint..m

Sent from my HTC One X

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back