The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

The1stStarfight

Due to the fact that it's currently in pre-production and production starts in early 2013, I figured I'd get this thread started since we'll likely be getting some set stills before not too long here...and then the hunt for everyone's new digs will be on not to mention modifications on Spidey's new suit! :popcorn

So what better way to kick it off with this HUGE casting announcement today! As I'm sure you've now heard, director Marc Webb announced via Twitter that Dane DeHaan (CHRONICLE, LAWLESS) will be playing Harry Osborn in TASM2. Whether he'll be going green with envy over Parker so to speak...well...we'll have to wait and see (Though I imagine that's where they are taking this with the Gwen Stacy story line, introduction of MJ, and all that).

Webb also attached the below photo to his tweet though, I'm assuming since they're still in pre-prodcution, this is not a shot of DeHaan as Harry but rather a promo photo they shot for the casting announcement. So let's not all go trying to ID that leather jacket and button-up just yet! :)

A9NrBYVCMAMJFy8.jpg:large

shoundt this go in the movie discussion forum?

I was just following suit with the other main Amazing Spider-Man thread. As I stated in my initial post, this was started to ultimately the discuss the wardrobe in TASM2 as production starts in early 2013 and photos become available. So COSTUMES AND COSPLAY seem like just the place for it if you ask me!

That pick isnt from the movie set,
you know that right

Yes, I'm aware that "pick" isn't from the film. That's why I clearly stated in my original post:

Webb also attached the below photo to his tweet though, I'm assuming since they're still in pre-prodcution, this is not a shot of DeHaan as Harry but rather a promo photo they shot for the casting announcement. So let's not all go trying to ID that leather jacket and button-up just yet!

Guess you're right Sharpshooter55, people don't seem to actually read these threads... :behave

TASM2 started shooting in New York today so news and set photos should start pouring in. And the hunt will once again be on to ID Parker's duds! In the meantime, here's the official press release and plot synopsis (though it doesn't reveal much of anything).

New York, February 5, 2013 – Columbia Pictures announced today that filming has begun on The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2 in New York. The film is the first in the history of the franchise that will be filmed entirely in New York City and New York State.
The sequel to last year’s critical and box office hit "The Amazing Spider-Man," the film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti and Sally Field.

In "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy -- between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can't come quickly enough. Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away -- but that's a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers.
The film's key behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Dan Mindel, production designer Mark Friedberg, editors Pietro Scalia and Elliot Graham and costume designer Deborah L. Scott.

The latest chapter in the Spider-Man story is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014.

I was hoping they wouldn't name it "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," and name it something else like the Dark Knight trilogy. I think that title is just too long.

haha no kidding. Wish it were just SLIGHTLY easier to see the details, but it'll do. I just can't wait to see the rest of the suit. I love what I see with these new lenses though!

Pulled the lens shape off of the screen grab and made some mock-ups with foam and my original mesh just to see how it looks. Also put it on a current ASM mask. Pretty sure I made them way too big, their frames would probably fit inside my frames, but I guess we won't know until the spy pics start leaking!

Pulled the lens shape off of the screen grab and made some mock-ups with foam and my original mesh just to see how it looks. Also put it on a current ASM mask. Pretty sure I made them way too big, their frames would probably fit inside my frames, but I guess we won't know until the spy pics start leaking!

Loving how they look on your mask! I am excited to see how the full suit turns out for the new movie. It can't be better than the first one through. That one is my favorite.

Wow this was fast !
I can't wait to see some pics of the new suit. I hope they won't change the design as the first one was really beautiful..
New eyes and shooter would be enough to me.

Digging the new eyes. I was shocked how much I grew attached to the TASM suit. I really hate to see it go... But the eyes on the mask like that looks really cool so maybe I'll like this one more (hopefully).

Ehh...

They are going for the classic lens shape from the comics which is fine in comics but in a movie I don't really like it so far. If its too small I think it looks really weird but too big it could look childish.

To be honest I agree with you Crimson. I think part of the appeal of this type of lens in the comics is that spidey is able to have facial expressions with these lenses (they squint, they get wider, etc.) and I think they've done what they have done in the movies because without a slightly menacing look to them, he's just going to look like he's in a constant state of apathy through the whole movie. But I'll save my judgments until we get some more pictures.

I wonder what's trending today...

trending.jpg

LOL...love how you already got mockups MCL34N. You should tweet em to Webb before freaking Graham grabs a hold of that image.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back