Alternative for Perma-wet on Latex?

I have a similar question, I'm working on a mixed media piece of Halloween art. I used an old latex mask in part of it, which I repainted using Liquitex paint. I sealed the piece with Krylon Kamar Varnish since I had used Modge Podge and paper mache along with the paint on the wooden base and I wanted something that was good for multiple surfaces. Now after 48 hours everything is dry except the latex mask-it's still sticky , what can I seal that part with ? Would Krylon low odor clear finish water based work ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can Make perma wet and it's much cheaper. it is simply casting latex mixed with water based polyurathane that you get at home depot (satin works best for me) mix it 50/50 and BAM!! you have perma wet and its much cheaper.

I HOPE THIS HELPS.

Matt
featureeffects.com

can you airbrush the latex, polyurethane mixture? If so does it need thinned down with water?

a little bit of necro threading here....but the questions about making perma wet were never really answered so I thought id bring it back up. does this 50/50 mix cure clear?..and if so can it be sprayed?

I´ve used latex/clear water based polyurathane varnish and wotks fine and dries clear. The 50/50 method also works great for painting latex with colors (same kind of mix).
To spray it with a gun you might have to thin it down (depending on the nozzle size) with distiled water better. A good thing could be passing the mix through a mesh or similar before pouring it into the gun to avoid clogging.
And make sure you clean the gun right after painting.

Last edited:
Flex seal liquid clear is great for sealing predator suits or costumes that are going to get a lot of flex and bend....get flex seal clear liquid in can but not the aerosol spray bottle. i have used perma wet which works great but if you don't want to wait for shipping and having to track it down, go to the local home depot and get flex seal liquid clear. its very very glossy i should note...perma wet is glossy but flex seal has more gloss effect. im sure it will work great on masks too. you can paint brush it on and it will self level smooth in case your worried about brush strokes.

You can Make perma wet and it's much cheaper. it is simply casting latex mixed with water based polyurathane that you get at home depot (satin works best for me) mix it 50/50 and BAM!! you have perma wet and its much cheaper.
That´s what I´ve been using for years too. And I do the same for painting latex, mixing latex with acrylic enamels and other water based paints. Works great.

EDIT: Sorry, already made a similar comment. Forgot about it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back