Mass Effect- N7 BREATHER HELMET build

fynixdown

This is just gonna be a helmet build for an N7 breather helmet from Mass Effect. Eventually, I want to build a full suit of armor, but this helmet is just going to be a gift. Here's what I got so far. I should be able to take better pics once it's fully assembled.

Looking good so far fynix. Are you working from a pattern or are you free-handing the pieces?

My wife wants the N7 armor special (armor, brether helmet and M8), and I've been in the process of making it for a little while now. I have a couple Pep patterns (sadly, I cannot recall the authors to give them credit for the patterns) that I'm doing in foam, but the pieces (especially for the top of the helmet) are not source accurate.

I was just wondering of there was a better pattern out there.

Cheers,
SC

Looking good so far fynix. Are you working from a pattern or are you free-handing the pieces?

My wife wants the N7 armor special (armor, brether helmet and M8), and I've been in the process of making it for a little while now. I have a couple Pep patterns (sadly, I cannot recall the authors to give them credit for the patterns) that I'm doing in foam, but the pieces (especially for the top of the helmet) are not source accurate.

I was just wondering of there was a better pattern out there.

Cheers,
SC

Originally I was using the file provided by AxionmUltra's thread here http://www.therpf.com/f24/axiomultras-mass-effect-project-146406/. Thank you. It was honestly more of a guide. Just the way the helmet is it is easier to put it together freehand. I have a ton of pictures I looked at trying to get everything as close as I could. I know alot of things are off but with the overall look you can tell what it is.

More pics of it somewhat assembled. Being held together by some weak tape hence some parts of the helmet flaring out a little. I'm hoping once I insert the visor it'll take the shape better. Just have to figure out what I'm using for a visor.

I'm hoping once I insert the visor it'll take the shape better. Just have to figure out what I'm using for a visor.

I hear a lot of people go online and buy motorcycle helmet visors for their master chief helmets... and for my own sci-fi armor I bought a cheap clear plastic bowl from the dollar store and chopped it up with a hot knife. Just a thought that might help. Good work!

I hear a lot of people go online and buy motorcycle helmet visors for their master chief helmets... and for my own sci-fi armor I bought a cheap clear plastic bowl from the dollar store and chopped it up with a hot knife. Just a thought that might help. Good work!

I was kind of on a limited budget using alot of the stuff I used from my ironman project. But I did manage to find some cheap plastic I cut up and put in there and it works. Least for now I'll put a better one in there later.

Anyone know what type of color to use on the main part? I read to use satin black and it's coming out as a glossy black which I don't like too much. I'm trying to get the helmet to match default Sheppard in ME2.

If you're looking for a really budget visor hit a recycle bin and look for discarded blister pack. Then color it with this stuff. Its a semi-transparent stain for making faux stained glass. The one I linked is black but it comes in all the colors of the rainbow at about $5 per bottle, and one bottle will go a tremendously long way. I've used this to make technique to make colored lenses for my steampunk goggles, and to make a friend a pair of literal rose colored glasses, as well as to make colored flashlights by covering the lens in stain..

With Christmas right around the corner there is sure to be an abundance of discarded blister pack packaging for the taking.

~HeroOfThePeople

If you're looking for a really budget visor hit a recycle bin and look for discarded blister pack. Then color it with this stuff. Its a semi-transparent stain for making faux stained glass. The one I linked is black but it comes in all the colors of the rainbow at about $5 per bottle, and one bottle will go a tremendously long way. I've used this to make technique to make colored lenses for my steampunk goggles, and to make a friend a pair of literal rose colored glasses, as well as to make colored flashlights by covering the lens in stain..

With Christmas right around the corner there is sure to be an abundance of discarded blister pack packaging for the taking.

~HeroOfThePeople

I did manage to find a visor. I'm putting a clear one in and then having an optional tinted one. The pics above show the visor, but thanks for the help :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back