The Amazing Spider-Man (1-9 pic update)

sjorsjo91

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi there,

Well I guess I am a bit late in joining the Spider party but with the release of the blu-ray and watching said blu-ray many times i decided to hop on the boat and give it a go, budget style.

I ordered the zentai some time ago and already finished my webshooters and lenses in the meantime.

The list of parts purchased, used and where they come from.
Lens frames: TJack (amazing lenses and a charm to work with)
Lenses: Starform 1039 with some old sunglasses and scrap sintra.
Webshooters: Epilepticsquirls shapeways design. Can be seen here
Zentai: Zentaizone

Next post will cover the build of the lenses

Last edited:
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man (zentai way)

As promised here is the build of the lenses.

Lenses where purchased from TJack and came in lightning fast. If I ever decide to do another spidey costume I will definitely buy lenses from him again. Lightning fast shipment and good communication. Enough with the positive feedback this ain't ebay :behave

20121025230020.jpg

The frames where easy to bend with some boiling water. Then they where rubbed with scotch-brite to give them a matte black look which I liked better than the screen accurate metallic blue. It was a huge step for me to actually build gold lenses and not silver as I intended so the frames where kept black as an homage to comic spidey.

20121027141126.jpg

20121027142546.jpg

The mesh was a sticker sheet from starform nr 1039 and was put on the lenses taken from old sunglasses that fit the frames. The gap between end of the frames and the glass was filled in with sintra, cut to shape and covered with high gloss black.

20121126141923.jpg

20121126144912.jpg

20121126144927.jpg

20121126145154.jpg

I really like the way the lenses turned out (if I may say so myself) And the fact that they protect my eyes from UV light :lol

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man (zentai way)

Might as well post some more.

The zentai is an awesome piece on its own especially for the price you pay.
I might even buy a second one to mess around with and keep this one as my main costume.

20121129111631.jpg

The spider lines up almost perfectly. Some of the black lines disappear before they reach the blue sections but that was an easy fix with some textile marker.

20121129120139.jpg

I replaced the mesh eyes with the eyes I made and added some lines to the forehead area of the mask. There is one stripe in the middle that just ends there but I am not going to extend that line since I think that the webs on top of the head would be to close next to each other.

20121129105215.jpg

The lines on the neck where added and i used a crayon to trace the lines on the blue part where there should be black stripes. These where added with textile marker and will be done in black puff paint.

20121129120128.jpg

20121129120120.jpg

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man (pic heavy zentai way)

Shameless crossover incoming.

Here are some pics of the shooter on a glove.
There is a small cut onder the nozzle where the wires run through. The switch is secured in a foam pad in the glove so that it stays in place. The shooters now light up by pressing the way spidey does.

20121129183319.jpg

20121129183349.jpg

The link to the webshooters is in my signature.

Haha didn't know you still had an account on here :p
I think this will make a nice EFF costume once it is finished :p

Haha didn't know you still had an account on here :p
I think this will make a nice EFF costume once it is finished.

Yes I do.
I already puffed the black lines on the front of the suit. I started with the red puff paint on some small pieces.
The mask is nearly done, about 25% left to paint. I will post pics of that tonight or tomorrow.

Dude those lenses are absolutely BAD-ASS!! I really want to get a couple sticker sheets of the honeycomb pattern for mine now. Really inspired! Cheers!

Last edited:

It is a nice budget way of doing the lenses and the visibility through them is great.
Does anyone has a tip to keep the lenses from fogging up? If i breath through the nose the lenses fog up fast.

It is a nice budget way of doing the lenses and the visibility through them is great.
Does anyone has a tip to keep the lenses from fogging up? If i breath through the nose the lenses fog up fast.

I found that if you smear some liquid soap on the inside of the lense, it decreases the amount of fogging a lot (I use this method on my mask). keep up the good work on your suit :thumbsup

Are you painting the honeycomb on without any guide? Just completely freehand? That's gotta be nerve-wracking!

Suit looks sick man!

For a lens fog solution has anyone tried the anti-fogging sprays used in paintball? I used to get it at the paintball shop but I think stores like REI and Dicks carry it too.

Nice side bulge :lol

But really, those lenses look amazing

Last edited:

Thanks for the comments and interest guys.

I am part Surinam so that might explain this kind of bulge on a white guy :lol
My girlfriend became very touchy when she saw me in this suit.

the honeycomb is nerve wrecking indeed but sooooo worth it. i love the feel of the raised puffpaint on the lycra suit.

I am part Surinam so that might explain this kind of bulge on a white guy :lol
My girlfriend became very touchy when she saw me in this suit.

I lol'd at this. I heard a girl say that her Dutch boyfriends were more often than not better equipped than the africans she dated. So you have the best of both I guess :lol
I keep mine with Dutch/Hungarian. Hungarians seem to be the best equipped in europe, Dutch are 2nd. :lol
I don't know, but it makes me laugh everytime someone talks about this.
Oh well, as long as the guys themselves are not too skinny and good for cuddling I'm good :$

OT: Great costume, are you going to show it off on cons?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back