Star Wars Episode II & III 3D release dates set

I think it's interesting that they're rushing them out so fast now. I guess Disney wants to get them out of the way to make room for the new ones. Unless that second 2013 was a typo.

I want to know which versions of IV, V, and VI they are going to convert to 3D. Wonder if they would consider letting Han shoot first? Probably not.

Even though I likely won't see them (well, maybe ROTS), I was curious about whether and when they'd end up being released after the Disney buyout. It makes sense they'd push them out if the work is done or close to done.

I find this stuff interesting, particularly in light of some of the technical issues that will be popping up in the not-too-distant future regarding the OT.

Not coming out till the fall:
Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith 3D Theatrical Release Dates Confirmed | StarWars.com
Episode II: Sept 20, 2013
Episode III: Oct 4, 2013

Intertesting. That's actually a change from the announcement of two for 2013 made in the spring.

In the spring they said one would be early spring 2013 and the other late summer (like feb/aug). Now they're pushing them both to early fall 2013. Seems a bit contrary to the announcement that TPM did better than they expected since it lasted longer than 2 weeks. These look to be very limited engagments (2 weeks a pop).

Might have to do with the release schedule for the 3D OT if they're working backwards from a planned release date for Ep. VII. Like, they're partially ginning up excitement for Ep. VII by releasing the 3D versions, so they have to time that in such a way that the media blitz hits at the right time. Working backwards, that leads them to wanting to push out the rest of the 3D PT in fall 2013.

Who cares

"I care...."

luke-skywalker-7.jpg

In regards to Han shooting first, I'd say there's more of a chance of that now than there was with Lucas in charge. Disney may be kid friendly, but they're a much more sane and logical entity than Lucas.

In regards to Han shooting first, I'd say there's more of a chance of that now than there was with Lucas in charge. Disney may be kid friendly, but they're a much more sane and logical entity than Lucas.

For an eventual BR release? Ya. But I'm pretty sure that the 3D releases will be the most current SE version.

I think there is very little chance Disney changes what GL considers the definitive edit of these films.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back