Goldfinger Tracking Device - Factory Entertainment

Lost in Trek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just received my Factory Entertainment Goldfinger Tracking Device, purchased via Entertainment Earth.

The prop itself is very nice. Good weight, very clean. The slider works well and makes a sound when pulled. The smaller unit is a little too shiny but also quite nice.

The rest of the package, however, was very disapointing. The stand that goes inside the display case dosn't sit flush. The placque is too big for the plaque holder and the plaque holder is connected by a small wooden dowel, which fell off the back of the holder.

For a prop as pricey as this I'm amazed at how cheap and poorly designed the display stand appears to be. Somewhat disappointing.

Overall, happy with the replica but unhappy with overall package.

Thanks for the review. :thumbsup

Always loved this prop but the price tag put me off. Glad to hear that the prop itself is good quality.

I got mine yesterday. I concur with your review, but overall the quality of the display doesn't detract from the centerpiece, for me. Btw, did your booklet also have the typo that says: "Do you expect to me talk?"?

Tanks for posting (pun), I didn't know anyone was producing one of these. Just thing to go with my MK II Kingston (Rolex 6538 repro).

Anyone know if it withstands crushing inside a Lincoln?

I'm also interested in more detail on the functions. I.e., do both have a slider, or just the large? Are both magnetized, or just the larger (as in the film).

Hi Kojiro, both have the slider, but only the larger one has spring action and a beeping sound. I believe only the large homer has a magnet and the device is very heavy, so I wouldn't be surprised if it could in fact withstand a bit of crushing in a Lincoln ;)

... The prop itself is very nice. Good weight, very clean. The slider works well and makes a sound when pulled. The smaller unit is a little too shiny but also quite nice....
I'm on the fence about this. I want it, but ... jeez, $400.

All the photos of the replica make the smaller "personal" homer look like painted resin. Can you post a pic of yours? The original was shiny brass, and the slider looked like a very close fit to the main body. Factory Entertainment's promo pic makes it look terrible. :thumbsdown

Can one of you post a pic of yours? :popcorn

TIA.....

Hi Kojiro, both have the slider, but only the larger one has spring action and a beeping sound. I believe only the large homer has a magnet and the device is very heavy, so I wouldn't be surprised if it could in fact withstand a bit of crushing in a Lincoln ;)

It's the little one that gets crushed in the film. ;)

TUVM, sir. Wonder if a little brushing with 0000 steel wool would give it the proper brushed finish....

// Sent from a mobile. Misspellings happen. //

My feeling exactly. I received mine last night. My general impression is that there is too much packaging and not enough focus on the accuracy of the props themselves. I've always wanted a replica of this, so I went for it. The brushed 'tech' look of the original is missing. The baby homer could have had a spring mechanism of some sort as well. But it's the only one available and, even with what I might call shortcomings, I still give kudos for the fact that it was attempted and accomplished. Make more! Maybe I'll try and rough up the exterior as you suggested.
Now, if they'd just do a Derek Flint watch, THAT would be too cool.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back