Scarlet Spider Kaine costume

Pacifisticmatt

TnFhG.png

Hi, first non-closet cosplay so don't expect wonders from me, especially when most of the work would come from the amazing print I got off carl9149

The stingers are going to be sourced from these claws, bloodied and attached to a simple pair of Lycra gauntlets. Going to use some old aqua shoes for the black feet and mod a cotton drawstring knapsack for the web backpack.

the eyes I'm gonna make myself, primary I want them sewn into the mask so i'm looking for some suitable fabric now, but till the print comes I can't match it.

Also thermals may be sew in and if I have time I might puff paste the pattern as I'm hoping to mesh the eyes, so it will be movie-ish.

going to use this company to print the file: citrus-rain

What I would like some advice or a link on is how to add realistic dried blood to objects and were to find strong(as in you can't pull it apart) invisible thread. Also would it be possible to have a removable mask without a zipper? Don't mind if I do have to add one, just wanted to know if it was feasible.

(sorry for the long post, just though it would save me posting the info later on in the assembly process.

Last edited:
What is the price on printing from citrus range

what they sent me for their PES Nylon Lycra:
High resolution digital full colour, sublimation;
Light Fastness: ISO EN 105B02 circa 6.
Wash Fastness: ISO EN 195C02 circa 4 – 5.
Perspiration Fastness: ISO EN 105E04 circa 5.
97% Polyester / 3% lycra knitted.
Weight: 190 gsm.
Width: 140 cm useable.

£25 set up cost, 10 working days to dispatch + shipping time

it's £31.40 a meter if you order between 1-10m so with a 3 meter print and shipping it would be a little over £120, more if your outside the UK. more than 10m the price decrease isn't much, really just penny's till you order 50m+

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back