Interactive R2-D2 - worth it?

Give it another 20 years they'll probably have an upgrade for it to be sentient lol. Now I kinda want one of these.

A great toy concept. It´s a bit sad for all the non-english speaking kids, I wish there was a version that understood German, my son would have a blast, he´s just getting into star wars.

I still want one of these and wish they were still less than $100 like they were when they first came out. I'll never forget...finding one at walmart on sale for $50 after that first winter when they came out. I didn't pick it up because I thought I might be able to get it later...sure didn't.

Take a look at the official user manual here (PDF). http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/SW_Interactive_R2D2_Manual.pdf.

It's not terribly complex, and of course your son doesn't have to learn all of the instructions.

We have a blast just with "play message" and "dance program." And even those, the kids don't get right and frankly mostly they spend most of the time just enjoying playing with R2's random sounds and lights.

A great toy concept. It´s a bit sad for all the non-english speaking kids, I wish there was a version that understood German, my son would have a blast, he´s just getting into star wars.

I Got it when it first came out for Christmas, Thought About selling it but at this point I love Star Wars more than I did when I was A kid so I still have it. Really cool and it still works great. Saw one at The Gold And Silver Pawn shop in Vegas last year when went to Nascar there. They were asking 200 bucks as is, no packaging

The disney store released a new one, Its just not the same because its RC, Cool but still not as realistic and interactive

i would definitely invest in a used ( or new one ) there a blast !!!!

It is the new Thinkway Toys R2-D2. This one obeys only to radio commands, interactivity is almost non-existent. It is fun but not as fun as the old Hasbro one. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back