spider-man / spandex suits bathroom breaks?

kenobibale

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
hey guys,
so i am getting a man of steel print of carl9149 and i have put this question to him and now i want to ask some advice from others who may be thinking the same thing. how do you guys cope in a spider man suit or other spandex suit when it comes to bathroom breaks. i have a raimi suit and its such a hassle to take the thing almost completely off to take a leak. has anyone ever added a zipper to theirs? i am looking at man of steel suit photos and there are seams running up either side of the crotch and i was wondering if maybe the suit makers put invisible zippers in there so henry cavill could use the toilet.

now i have asked carl and he isnt sure whether an invisible zip in that area would take the stress. so if any of you want to chime in? i thought maybe velcro if a zip wouldnt work, making the fabric a functioning flap to velcro to some fabric under the suit again i have no idea if this would work, please chime in

i think it could maybe work and the zip would be disguised by the puff painted chain mail etc.

i have an invisible zip on the way just to do a simple stress test.

You should ask SpideyMan on these boards. He mentioned putting a zipper in his Spidey suit for bathroom breaks. Personally, I just don't drink anything while wearing the suit.

yeah i have done the not drinking thing too but it would be nice to be able to have a few beers at a party while wearing either spidey or mos. i read somewhere of someone putting a zip in the seam on the inner thigh under the crotch and down the other leg so they could pee

i usually wear a cup with the plastic part taken out, could probably move it out of the way if need be. i have also just worn those lycra style underwear and worn 2 instead of 1 and it achieved the same smoothing effect as the dance belt or cup plus they are made with bathroom use in mind. i have pm-ed spideyman. thanks for the tip about him. i will see what he says.

I have the same problem i do photos for tips here in vegas and for a long time i was doin elvis well i am a professional elvis tribute artist out here but i love to do other characters as well and when your out in the hot sun or just puttin in the hrs eating and drinking is a must not so much eating but if you don't drink you can become dehydrated fairly quickly so with a jumpsuit.
You just take off your big belt and unzip do what you got to and get back out asap but when doing superman or batman any kind of a one piece i would think there would be a way to make a one a two piece thats the way i'm going with my tdk cause when you gotta go you gotta go like velcro the waist or something

Oh you men! Peeing is so easy for you!

A crotch zipper is pointless if you are wearing another layer of material such as a body shaper or dance belt!
I'd say just take the extra time in the bathroom, strip down in the stall, do your business and costume back up.

I've had some long (14, 16 hour) days in a spider suit, and you just gotta pick your battles. Any extra detail in the crotch will just draw attention to your naughty bits and seem awkward (by the way, stay FAR away from velcro whenever lycra is involved, forget that completely).

I pick a couple of times a day for bathroom business and just accept that I've gotta unsuit and then suit back up, as Temperance mentioned. Besides, even if I could do a crotch zipper I wouldn't, because (I don't know if you've noticed) you can't remove the gloves without disrobing anyway, which means you can't wash your hands. Gross.

Some people have removable gloves or zippers in the gloves, which make handwashing possible. Still, I have to agree. There doesn't seem to be a comfortable way around the problem, and I prefer to refrain from drinking anything in the suit.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back