IRON MAN - Who likes cardboard? I DO! [PIC HEAVY]

Royal Dump

Now here's my method for building my suits. Just finished Stage 1 on the mark 3 and 6.

Stage 1: CARDBOARD IS FREE!!+Hot glue $8 = $8

Stage 2: Cheap Putty $10+Sanding block $4+Fiberglass Resin(seals putty) $12= $26

Stage 3: 3-4 Automotive red paint of preference $8 ea+1 Gold engine enamel paint $8 = $32-$40

Total Cost Estimate: $74! ish (did not throw in prices for primer and such, havent decided yet)

Now I'm probably going to mold my custom joint pieces and neck to make rubber castings for flexibility. Idk how much i'm going to spend on that.

I'm working towards a 4 suited hall of armor for my garage :love Waiting for version 2 of the mark 7 and the mark 8 pep files to be made.

Here are some pictures of my 2 suits. The mark 6 was painted over with some cheap paint so I could wear it for halloween. I haven't done any putty work yet on either suit.

uMd2Z.jpg

39NL0.jpg

c6o7X.jpg

oshnX.jpg

t88ru.jpg

ZbRkb.jpg

jgKAt.jpg

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:
right on man cardboard is awesome. cheap easy and easy to work with. foam templates work great with cardboard.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back