UPDATE! Guardians of the Galaxy: Starlord's suit and helmet

Coldfury

Going to try my hand at making Starlord's suit and helmet from Marvel's Guradians of the Galaxy. the plan would be to wear it to the movie premiere a few years from now. Taking my time on this one because of my love of the character.

Last edited:
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: Starlord's suit and helmet

You are making great progress.
What kind of clay are you using?
Are planing on adding lights to the eyes?

The clay i'm using is Amaco brand natural clay. picked a 10lb. box of it up at Michael's. As far as light up eyes go... YES. everything that glows/lights up on Starlord will be made on this build. Like I said I really want to make this one good. Since most of my other costume builds have been made in a rush to make some premiere/release date.:unsure I've got about a two year window on making this movie release all suited up:)

You are definitely off to a great start, I can't wait to see it finished! I do believe you may be the first person to attempt this costume, as I have spent more than a little time searching the internet for others, and have found none.

Thanks! yea I thought that maybe I was the 1st, I looked around the interwebs for references and whatnot to see what others had done and came up with nothing. So this will be fun. I've decided to reguard this image as the Bible for the rest of the build

Im VERY excited to see this!! I've built the helmet last year but have never gotten around to finishing it off. There's been two outer people i know of and one of then had the team together.

I really wanna see how you end up doing the suit itself

Watching with interest, glad to see another marvel cosmic fan

UPDATE!! Ok so the first attempt sculpt ended up being too small for my face and just wasn't what I wanted it to be, that along with the fact that I forgot to cover it and the clay hardened!:facepalm So I started a second one. Starlord's mask V2. :love

You may want to sculpt over a dummy head. Or measure out where your eyes and mouth are to make sure the mask will fit.
Are you sure the mask won't be too shallow?

You may want to sculpt over a dummy head. Or measure out where your eyes and mouth are to make sure the mask will fit.
Are you sure the mask won't be too shallow?

As far as sculpting over a dummy head goes its a lil late for that, The eyes and whatnot however were measured to my face before i began this second version. The 1st sculpt wouldve been too shallow, on V2 this problem is fixed.

UPDATE* Guardians of the Galaxy: Starlord's suit and helmet

after a trip to Lowes looking for pvc and unique pipe fittings and whatnot to fabricate from scratch Starlord's pistol, I decided that I should look into modeling it on a CAD-like program and getting it 3D printed. That way it would be EXACTLY what I wanted it to look like, instead of a "pretty close" prop made of found objects/parts. 1st time 3d modeling, whatya think?

this is looking great! looking foward to see the final product. i've also been working on star lord and was wondering if you had any tips for the mask? ive never used clayy before. thanks! :)

this is looking great! looking foward to see the final product. i've also been working on star lord and was wondering if you had any tips for the mask? ive never used clayy before. thanks! :)

what has really helped me as far as the general shape and dimensions of the faceplate has been the 3 inch action figure Marvel put out not too long ago, seeing what his head looks like in 3 dimensions (even though it is miniature) rather than just basing it off comic book images has been very beneficial

Great start :)
Are you not worried that the movie design could end up somewhat different by the time filming starrs etc?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back