Clocks of Back to the Future

The clock i think is the one in the opening scene, comments are welcome

bigben.JPG

Hi guys, so I recently manage to get a similar clock to the Bulova... I don't have the funds to get a real one sadly, due to the price it's going for...
But I am pretty happy with the one I have as a substitute =).

I found this TREO clock on ebay FR for just €10 (in total), there's even the lion on the back (it doesn't appear to be full though). However the bells were not right. So I decided to go on the hunt for another cheap clock. I found a smaller clock which was a Jerger, and thought the bells would fit right for the Treo clock. I had it for only £2. As you can tell, the copper was quite bad, so I got some Brasso to clean them up. However, I anticipated the discoloration, but I thought it was not this bad. Especially once mounted on the Treo, as the copper tends to reflect on each parts, I fitted the other bells on the Jerger, so I can always try to sell this back haha :p!

To make this clock, it technically only cost me €20 (counting the Brasso, I'm cheap >.>)

Here are some pictures to illustrate my blah blah:

CLOCK.jpg

And this is the clock done:

DSC_0836.jpg

And this is the Jerger with the Treo bells haha:

DSC_08255.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that I was right. You can build a screen accurate clock from parts of different Jerger clocks. And nice to have another name ("Treo") on our search list. Congratulations on your find, Emma. :)

Thank you guys. It happened to be more difficult than anticipated to find a clock with the correct bells... Took me a good week and half of intensive research XD ... And yes Roland, I was surprised to find this treo brand XD I literally never heard of it before haha :p
thanks for your advice though ;)

Thank you guys. It happened to be more difficult than anticipated to find a clock with the correct bells... Took me a good week and half of intensive research XD ... And yes Roland, I was surprised to find this treo brand XD I literally never heard of it before haha
cheeky.png

thanks for your advice though
wink.png

Cool Emma !!!!!!

It's been a while since I've searched for it.

Hopefully it will be possible to find a "Treo"

Well, believe it or not, the Jerger that I resold went up to £8.15! Wich makes the total of my Bulova substitute even cheaper... around €10 haha!

So does anyone have a master list of the clocks so far in the opening scene? After reading these posts, I want to collect them. I have the newer version kit kat clock as a start.

Simply put, no master list that I know of. I have lost count of the ones I have and as a group of id say we identified less then 30% of visible clocks in the film. I am always on the lookout for more though.

Hi !

I've just identified another clock :

It's a JECO clock, made in japan. In the movie, it's a black version of this same clock, and you only see the bottom of the ladder.

Finally I was able to get my hands on a Kiple clock: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/201451334960 - Euro 16.50 plus shipping. :D

It looks very worn, but it still works!!! Any idea, what I could do to restore it to its old glory?

mykiple01.jpg mykiple02.jpg mykiple03.jpg

mykiple04.jpg mykiple05.jpg mykiple06.jpg

It was a long journey, until I found it. During the search I found two other clocks with the same face design. The differences: The big clock has a bigger face, no brand and an additional "QUARZ" sign. The brand of the other clock is "Peter" and the face has inverted bells (white numbers on black ground).

mykiple07.jpg mykiple08.jpg

Nice one Roland :)

You should try to use Brasso to make the clock shine again, it usually works quite well, but you'll need to clean it a few time haha

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back