Clocks of Back to the Future

I was lucky enough to get an accurate one a few months back for a buy it now $100, it did not have back to the future in the title but mentioned it in the description. If I knew I could get over $500 for it I would probably sell :D

Try it on eBay! A starting bid of $500 or more, good images, an expressive title and description with reference to BTTF and you can't go wrong. ;)

For those who are interested: the "Bulova" corporation didn't build the parts of their clocks themselves, they just bought them and screwed them together. Did you never wonder about the mysterious lion on the back side of Doc's clock?

attachment.php

That's the logo of the "Adolf Jerger KG", a clock factory from Niedereschach, which is about 60 miles away from my home town. I don't know if that factory still exists. You can find "Jerger" parts in clocks from many different brands, such as "Globus", "Dugena", "Bulova" and of course "Jerger". Here is an example of a "Globus" clock - it's absolutely identical to Doc's "Bulova" except for the two bells that have a different shape:

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

So this could be a cheep way to replicate Doc's clock. Just find all the different parts of the clock and do the same that "Bulova" did: screw them together! :)

Attachments

• logo-73159593.jpg
    logo-73159593.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,567
  • D3_14_2_1.JPG
    D3_14_2_1.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,170
  • D3_14_2_2.JPG
    D3_14_2_2.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,635
  • D3_14_2_3.JPG
    D3_14_2_3.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,596
  • D3_14_2_4.JPG
    D3_14_2_4.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,101
Last edited:
For those who are interested: the "Bulova" corporation didn't build the parts of their clocks themselves, they just bought them and screwed them together. Did you never wonder about the mysterious lion on the back side of Doc's clock?

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=366999&d=1408823553

That's the logo of the "Adolf Jerger KG", a clock factory from Niedereschach, which is about 60 miles away from my home town. I don't know if that factory still exists. You can find "Jerger" parts in clocks from many different brands, such as "Globus", "Dugena", "Bulova" and of course "Jerger". Here is an example of a "Globus" clock - it's absolutely identical to Doc's "Bulova" except for the two bells that have a different shape:

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=367000&d=1408823663 http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=367001&d=1408823806
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=367009&d=1408823856 http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=367010&d=1408823887

So this could be a cheep way to replicate Doc's clock. Just find all the different parts of the clock and do the same that "Bulova" did: screw them together! :)

I can't find anything on the Globus clocks you posted.

I can't find anything on the Globus clocks you posted.

Those are German clocks, so you should search on German websites. ;) The German word for alarm clock is "Wecker". As far as I know, "Globus" was Jerger's own brand. Here's a pic of another "Globus" clock from an active eBay listing (ebay.de):

attachment.php

Attachments

• 24da350218aa09e4c73c72f19b38973cd.jpg
    24da350218aa09e4c73c72f19b38973cd.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,468
Nice going Dennis :). I think you may be one of the few or probably the only BTTF fan who managed to add it to their clock collection.
There is another broncos clock on ebay now! I paid more for mine then the bidding is up to. I am curious if it is selling because of BTTF or just as a clock?

Likely nothing to do with BTTF, as judging by their bid history the current highest bidder is a sports memorabilia collector.

So for example if I buy this one :

Is it the same than your picture, I don't see a Lion on the back ?

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

then take it apart and then change the name on the face plate with a replica of the Bulova name ?

You would need a good high quality picture of the Bulova name.
Also you would need some knowledge on how to take such a clock apart and back together :wacko

Last edited:
If it works like a watch, I don't think it would be too complicated XD

But thanks Roland for your little secret :p I'm after one of this brand now :p

So for example if I buy this one :

Is it the same than your picture, I don't see a Lion on the back ?

View attachment 367658View attachment 367659

Wow, where did you find that? I would buy it immediately. I wasn't able to find clocks that weren't sold already. It's interesting that this one has no lion, but it's still a Jerger product, no doubt. If you actually need the lion for more accuracy (I wouldn't need it, to be honest), buy another cheap clock which has the lion and replace the back side.

then take it apart and then change the name on the face plate with a replica of the Bulova name ?

You would need a good high quality picture of the Bulova name.
Also you would need some knowledge on how to take such a clock apart and back together :wacko

I didn't say that I would do that myself. I know clock collectors who are able to do the job perfectly. I just have to get them all the parts they need. :)

The "Bulova" wording is the slightest problem. I would use a stamp of it and permanent ink like I did it with my BiffCo napkins. The wording on the real Bulova clocks is so badly printed, I'm sure no one would notice the difference at first glance. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• bulova_wording.png
    bulova_wording.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,318
Maybe the Lion is on a real Bulova clock only ?

There is no real Bulova. They are all real Jergers. The lion is Jerger's logo. ;)

As you can see on my pictures of the Kiple and the Globus clocks, there are lions on the back side. I don't know why the clock on your pictures has no lion.

By the way: it seems that all those different brand names were made for different markets. Bulova is apparently for the US market and Kiple for the french market. But the clocks are the same.

Last edited:
Wow, where did you find that? I would buy it immediately.

It's a secret, ;)
I found it very fast with google.

I wasn't able to find clocks that weren't sold already. It's interesting that this one has no lion, but it's still a Jerger product, no doubt. If you actually need the lion for more accuracy (I wouldn't need it, to be honest), buy another cheap clock which has the lion and replace the back side.

I didn't say that I would do that myself. I know clock collectors who are able to do the job perfectly. I just have to get them all the parts they need. :)

The "Bulova" wording is the slightest problem. I would use a stamp of it and permanent ink like I did it with my BiffCo napkins. The wording on the real Bulova clocks is so badly printed, I'm sure no one would notice the difference at first glance. :D

Thanks Roland for the name, not sure if I'm going to do it if I manage to buy it,
I don't want to ruin it.
Maybe there's a Kiple service manual somewhere,
that describes how to take such a clock apart.

PS: Have you read my PM's yet ?

Last edited:
Oh noes, I want it !!! :p Are you the one bidding on it Soxbrother? If so, I will look for something else ^^

Last edited:
If I can find it, I'm sure everyone can. ...

It's pretty easy to search/find if you have the picture. ...

You were the first to find it and you deserve a chance to get it. That's why I don't place a bid. :)

Oh noes, I want it !!! :p

I'm sure we will get more chances. The Bulova may be rare, but if you don't attach great importance to the brand name, it shouldn't be difficult to get an identical clock. ;)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back