BBC Sherlock IOU apple

Ruddigger

Sr Member
Sort of a surprise prop, my girl made this for my birthday. We're both fans of the BBC Sherlock series, so she secretly made this for me out of Sculpey, not bad for her first prop making attempt, I think. And an easy one to make, I'm surprised I haven't seen any others on here. No Sherlock fans?

Here's a gif of the screen apple, and then her sculpey apple, with and without flash.

apple.gif

indoorapple-small.jpg

outsideapple-small.jpg

That's true about a lack of iconic props. I suppose that's due to the realistic nature of the show, basically everything is a found item. I do have a magnifier on order, and I'll probably get the pocket knife too.

Your girl friend may have found the one thing from Sherlock that can be gifted. lol.

And nicely done, too.

I haven't put the time into figuring out what type of miniature magnifying glass Sherlock uses in the most recent series, (I forget which episode it was), but that's what I'm going after when I have the time/money... :)

HOWEVER, the apple is pretty darn cool. :D

The Magnifier is an Eschenbach Designo 5x. If yo go into Sherlockology and find the magnifier and follow the link, you can get it for a fair price.

Nice job on the apple by your girlfriend.
But I agree with the people above, there aren't any really outstanding props except the costumes. That's more a think of the film. ( like the tool bag).
But it is an awesome serie anyways

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back