R2 1/350 TOS Enterprise build!

Bryancd

Master Member
First! And likely least impressive knowing some of you cats. :) I was very excited to get cracking on my kit so I did a little work on her over the weekend. I did a quick paint job on the bridge, put in the overhead monitor decals and the Klingon D7 decal for the main view screen (they also have a Romulan warbird and Balok). I also built the shuttle deck and little shuttle, although I may not install the hanger deck as I like the look of the doors closed for display.

I found a good color for the hull, it's just grey primer spray paint! Nice flat finish and light grey color. What's very cool about the kit is that they provide you with three different options for the windows, clear, opaque white, or opaque black. Clear would be for a lighted kit but I have no lighting skills and I thought I would opt for the opaque white. But when I tried that is really gets' kind of lost and the windows lacked any definition. So I tried the opaque black and was much happier with the look. I glued in the bridge in the not stage accurate off set but the visually more appealing center facing command charm and helm lay out. If you want off my bridge you have to jump over Uhara.

I don't think anyone here would mind jumping Uhura :lol Congrats on being the first here to start :thumbsup

I'll be doing mine with the bridge facing forward as well. And it's jumping over Uhura! Sheesh, some of you guys.....

I haven't sourced all the paints yet, as of now I just have needed Testors red, black, and light gray as well as the grey primer spray paint. I am building the regular series version.

Had some time to work on the upper saucer section this afternoon. Just some opaque parts and painted navigation lights...and the anti-matter accelerator thingy on the back by the impulse deck. Still really liking how this grey primer gives some texture as well as shading to the paint finish. It's just a rattle can of Rustoleum automotive primer.

How can you live with the grid lines?

They have never really bothered me too much on any iteration of this model, to be honest. I just enjoy building them. If I wanted screen accurate I would buy a MR Enterprise. I'm not a super skilled modeler but I am alway happy with my results no matter how amateurish. Thus it's very easy to live with the imperfections, thanks. :thumbsup

Thanks man! I just popped on the clear bridge dome and it looks great. They include a white and a black opaque option but since I did some minor paint work to the bridge to look interesting from overhead, I opted to be able to see it. For those who go full bore on the lighting, it's going to blow the MR Enterprise away with this level of bridge and hanger deck detail.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back