DragonCon 2013

eloquentXI

I know it's a little far off...but anyone working on some new costumes for 2013 already? What are ya'll looking forward to the most?

It's never too early to plan for next years DC... :)

Two costumes that I will almost definitely be wearing next year are Guybrush Threepwood from Monkey Island 2 and Data from Star Trek TNG. Still not sure exactly what my other costumes will be, I have a lot I want to do.

Yknow, Ive always wanted to go to Dragon con, but seeing as this year is the first year Ive actually been able to make a professional looking costume, ive never been. this year i just might go as Corvo Attano from Dishonored... been working on the costume since mid October, and i plan on finishing it before next Dragon Con (hopefully!)

Already have passes and rooms. I'm planning an Iron Woman costume, as well as one of the Endless (it's looking like Morpheus right now), and Chell from Portal 2. Probably some others as well, depending on time!

Yeah, we have our tickets bought and room booked/paid for. I'm working on a costume for the Ottawa Comicon, which is a nice compact soft costume so I may bring it with me to D*C.

Yknow, Ive always wanted to go to Dragon con, but seeing as this year is the first year Ive actually been able to make a professional looking costume, ive never been. this year i just might go as Corvo Attano from Dishonored... been working on the costume since mid October, and i plan on finishing it before next Dragon Con (hopefully!)

You should go, DragonCon is amazing! This will be my third year and I won't miss it for damn near anything!

I've got a few things in the work, hoping to order my TK (Stormtrooper) kit here soon and start working on that...there's also a Zuul in the works. And fixing a few things on my Carmen Sandiego costume. :)

I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask here. We tried to get a room in the Marriot for next year and got totally screwed over. (I guess it was something like they booked all the rooms minutes before they said they were going to open them up? Didn't handle that part myself) What's the next step for people who missed out on the hotels? Do they usually open them back up later on for reservations that were canceled?

Last I checked there are rooms available, they're just expensive, nonrefundable, and you have to pay the total up front. They should open up more rooms about 6 months before con, too--or so they said on the phone.

DH and I usually stay until the Tuesday after, and I'm always sad to see everything fade away. It's also a little surreal to see just how large the lobby of the Marriott is when it's not filled with 50k of our closest friends -- give or take!

We've already booked our room for next year. DH wants to do HelicarrierAttack!Hawkeye, so I'm working on that and Black Widow -- those are the only definites so far. Since I'm at the end of the supply chain up here, I'm having to plan a bit in advance. =)

Contemplating one or two others, but haven't really made a final decision. Thinking maybe Hawkgirl (DC Animated) and/or Margo Lane. Both will greatly depend on whether or not I can stick with my exercise plan. And get the sewing done...

I've been wanting to go forever. As long as $ holds up I will be there in a Gambit costume and, if its done in time, an iron man/rocketeer mash up

For me it has been about 10 years since the last time me and my wife went to D.C. I've got the rooms booked already and the ticket's paid for. I'm hoping to have an Ironman foam build finished by then that looks good. I am part way through building one for the first time, but I see all the mess ups I did on the chest and back, but I want to finish my first build before I go back and rebuild pieces of it. My wife wants to do either a Mord Sith (Sword of Truth) or the weeping angle from Doctor who. Either way I'm glade it's only a 2 and half hour drive from Bama to Atlanta ;). I can't wait to go back and see all the geekiness that I've missed out on.

Hubby and I are going again this year, been a tradition almost every year since we met. Fortunately we were able to score a Hilton room, thank goodness for actual people manning phone lines.

We're planning on some Skyrim armor for the two of us, then I'll be doing a Magma costume from the New Mutants.Beyond that, plans are up in the air.

I will be there with the following costumes......
1) Chewbacca
2) Hulk Hogan
3) Comic version Hawkeye
4) Donatello the Ninja Turtle
5) Vince the Crash Test Dummy (if I can get it together in time)

I think I might actually come. Corvo Attano is taking a while, so I dont know if that will be finished in time. I am getting a dye sub comic book style Spider Man suit printed, so if i come, i can almost guarantee i will be in that!

Re: DragonCon 2013- room reservation for sale

Guys, due to circumstances, I am having to sell on a room reservation for d/con 2013.

It's for the Sheraton. Basic room reservation for 4 nights, Thursday Aug 29th through to monday Oct 2nd. I have paid for one night ($219.24 USD - £140.67) which has secured the four nights. If someone is interested, please PM me. I'll work on a 'first come first served' basis. I'll contact you back with my paypal details then once payment is made I'll provide you with the booking reference so that we can change the booking in details.

Disappointed not to be able to attend, but "C'est la vie as we say on Earth".

UPDATE: Room now gone

Last edited:
:(
That sucks, dude.

You're not allowed to bail three years in a row! See you in '14!

Got my room booked, along with the rest of the UKCM Colonial Marines.
Can't wait - Nowadays it's not only D*Con, but one more chance to see my Charlestonian other half :D

Will be there again with my new costume. Working on an 89 Keaton Batman. Taking a friend who has never been and he is making an Arkham City Nightwing. I try to tell him what its like but I cant wait to see his reaction to seeing the con for himself.

If any other RPFers have to drop out and have a room reservation to give up, please post here or PM me, I would be very interested.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back