Anyone Live in or around the Houston Area

prop fan

Hi all.....most of you know me since I have been a member here since 99'...anyway I am interested in finding out who all is in or around the Houston area....I thought it would be cool for us locals to get together and show off our props, projects we are working on or just hang out and meet some new people.

I'm here and "Houston Robocop" is also here. "uscm buzz" lives in Richmond I think.

The only cool meetings we get are the Houston Figure Modelers. They are all incredible artists..

FB

Charles. Been ages since I've seen ya. I forgot you moved to Texas ... thought you were still an Okie. ;)

Pretty sad that you move to the same state I live in, and NOW you're too far away for get-togethers (sad that Texas is so big, you were closer when you lived in another state). Maybe we'll meet up again someday. :)

ATM
ShackMan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prop fan @ Nov 28 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]1367378[/snapback]</div>
cool there are more people here than I thought, not enough for a party but enough for a get together
[/b]

If you want to learn to throw knives, send me a PM. I'm the president of the Houston Area Knife Stickers (HAKS)

FB

Corpus Christi, have no props to bring though.

Just a CA Vader, Lament Configuration, Auryn, Doppelganger PKD Pistol and SMT Tie Bomber left in my collection presently.

Corpus Christi. what a great place...My wife and I wanted to move there but couldnt find jobs so we take weekend get a ways there about once every 3 months....I think our next trip will be to South Padre to check that place out.....Shack Man missed you at the last plano show...I was there all weekend...it isnt like it use to be when we would have 25 or 30 members to show up then have a big get together after the show and a big prop party to go along with it.......now you might have 2 or 3 members show up...what happen to the good ol days.

Howdy,

I'm a member of a local modeler's group (Houston Figure Modeler). it's a mixture of very cool and talented artists, sculptors and modeler. (I'm the prop guy in the group).

We have a meeting in Houston usually around the second Saturday of each month, and we show-off stuff we're working on and stuff we've just purchased, talk about movies and geek stuff, plus some finger food and beer too.

Anyone here interested in hanging out with us just shoot me a PM and I'll give you an invite.
it's allot of fun if your interested in meeting like-minded people who shares interests in sci-fi models and prop stuff.

Nick

Hey Guys

I'm new at props, just into the game. I stay in the Humble area. Seems we're all over the place huh lol. Got a few projects I want to start soon I hope the people here will like.

I'll catch you guys later.

Hey All

What are you guys mostly into? What movies/tv series are your biggies you have props from? just in general...

I'm a Star Wars/Highlander brat myself.

Im from Texas City, just south of Houston. I go back there twice a month but I live in Beeville, north of CC.

We head through Corpus every now and then. My g/f's aunt and uncle live in harlingen.

I'm new to texas though, been here only 3 months.

I'm in Fort Worth, TX. I'd consider coming. The last local area prop party was ten months ago. Its time to consider another D/FW one too. The local craft brewery in Fort Worth said they could host us. They could provide the space, the tables, and free beer. Possibly free food.

The downsides are that if we wanted a private party, it would have to be on a Tuesday or Wednesday. If we wanted it on Saturday, we have to be willing to have lookey-loos who are there for the regular tour and tasting from 1:00pm to 3:00pm Saturdays. Then again since it is at a brewery and subject to TABC law, no firearms, swords, knives, or other weaponry would be permissable. Though we could arrange an after-party party for those. Just an idea, I've been wanting to run past some people.

Yeah, the only prop parties around is up in Tulsa (in the summer time to coincide with Tulsa's Trek Con)

Or up in Dallas around one of Plano's Comic Cons.

No cool convention ever comes to Houston, but If there's enough interest..... I may host a prop party early next year (late Jan or feb).

Nothing major but just a informal get-together so area prop guys and meet new people and introduce themselfs.

No pressure to bring lots of cool props or anything, jut bring yourself and hang out with other local propers.

Reply here if you're interested in attending a prop party here locally so I can see if there is enough people for a little party.

Nick

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back