Rockabilly/Greaser Batman

joshspiderman23

Sr Member
Finished this design up for dragoncon 2012 and senshi con 2012

lost a ton weight to do this costume :)

Concept was created by denis medri
more greaser then rockabilly but still love the costume.

Cowl design was done by Sonofapumpkin (David)

rockabilly_batman_by_joshspiderman238-d5gsi4y.jpg

greaser_batman_by_joshspiderman238-d5kk5zb.jpg

8042752842_ae6f0e6c05.jpg

7947885252_543a2260a7.jpg

8193617803_b541ee33b7.jpg

greaser_batman_by_joshspiderman238-d5e4j22.jpg

greaser_batman_and_scarecrow_by_joshspiderman238-d5gymn4.jpg

Build thread is here
http://www.therpf.com/f24/50s-greaser-batman-concept-151727/

Dude, this is seriously one of the greatest things ever. I remember seeing these designs... last year? Maybe on Project: Rooftop... and obviously loving them.

Checked out your build thread. Really impressive work. I'm getting psyched up for my first attempt at a costume, Paul Pope's Batman 100 design, and you have a lot of relevant work (your finds for the utility belt are genius) that I appreciate the insight into.

I'm curious, what materials are your cowl made from? I see that your associate made a sculpt, so then I assume he cast it in something? And then applied the surface that gives it that wool look? Man, it's a beauty.

And you changed your whole physical aspect to fit the look. Seriously impressive across the board.

Dude, this is seriously one of the greatest things ever. I remember seeing these designs... last year? Maybe on Project: Rooftop... and obviously loving them.

Checked out your build thread. Really impressive work. I'm getting psyched up for my first attempt at a costume, Paul Pope's Batman 100 design, and you have a lot of relevant work (your finds for the utility belt are genius) that I appreciate the insight into.

I'm curious, what materials are your cowl made from? I see that your associate made a sculpt, so then I assume he cast it in something? And then applied the surface that gives it that wool look? Man, it's a beauty.

And you changed your whole physical aspect to fit the look. Seriously impressive across the board.

the cowl was casted in urethane but I guess there was some secret david applied to get that leather texture out of the urethane
Thanks for the comments and I look forward to your build thread when you begin :)

That is amazing! I love the whole Rockabilly scene and have been part of it since the early 80's so you are mixing two of my greatest passions and doing a fine job of it.
You need Link Ray's version of the Batman theme playing whenever you wear this.!

Link Wray - Batman Theme - YouTube

I kind of like to think this is the real batman who made his mark around 1959. Lore and hearsay embellished him into what we have today. Nice work.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back