Judge Dredd Shoulder Armor (help)UPDATE

chris01

Hello i took the risk and i made my own shoulder armor. A friend from PR told me to cover the whole piece with Elmer's Glue first after the first coat of primer and paint it with gold. ill be making updates soon! THIS IS MY first foam project! Any sugestions are most welcome! The piece is the rigth shoulder armor! Ill be updating with the left EAGLE ARMOR SOON!

Last edited:
i mistaken the traduction man, sorry! jejejeje. My original language is spanish!!!! lol. Thank you for you feedback!

I use photobucket.com to host (upload to) but there are others available.
It has image tags for forums bu the side of your uploaded photo or you can just copy the image address and insert it in the image tags ie:-

url]

remove the spaces before the http:// and after the image address tho and then you have...

IMAG000.GIF

Looking good, I painted mine first with a layer of white school glue (pva) then used auto aerosols.
I know you`ve seen these pics already , but others reading this thread may not have so Il post them again ..
DSCI5382.jpg

DSCI5375.jpg

Looking good, I painted mine first with a layer of white school glue (pva) then used auto aerosols.
I know you`ve seen these pics already , but others reading this thread may not have so Il post them again ..

I like the rounded edges on the foam, the eagle, how did you rounded them? Sanding?

DSCI5382.jpg

DSCI5375.jpg
Hey..I've seen this before...on the Judge Minty Fan page on FB perhaps?...nice work anyway sir. Did you make the helmet too or is it from Planet Replica?

Catfoodrob's Eagle Shoulder is pretty good IMHO. That's the exact thing I want to do, but mine is.... a little too small, and looks like crap. So i'm starting over.

Rob com, yes I'm a judge miny member . My helmet is a termight replicas one, reprinted by me.
To make the eagle chest , I cut three egg shapes , each smaller than the previous one, and glued them on top of one another, then it used coarse sandpaper to sand the curves. Sanding foam gives bad edges, but as the egg is covered by feathers , no problem .
For the edges of the eagle, I sanded the foam with less coarse sandpaper, and didn't press on too hard . Pva glue was then painted on , to help seal the surface, before a final light sanding.
The thing about foam is that it's cheap ( I used camping mats ) and you can have several attempts at each piece until you get it right. Because we are doing Comic armour, there is no real "right " or. "Wrong" . Hope this helps.

About your aerosol paints, did you use primer and how many coatings we there???? ... how long before it cured or harden???
I had mine painted 2 weeks ago... its dry but still soft.. if you touch it your finger print becomes imprinted..need to re paint again.. :cry

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back