Scarecrow - Batman: Arkham Asylum

Pembo

Hi all,

This is my first post so i thought I'd show you my latest work - Scarecrow from Batman: Arkham Asylum video game.

It's just a picture of the finished piece. I've won a few costume contests with it so far so I'm happy :)

To make this I just used the basic techniques - paper mache, fabric, wool, nails, tins, paint, lots of sewing and some common sense. I think it came out pretty well. The arm piece was thrown together really quickly for a party so you can ignore that as I will be recreating it.

I am currently in the process of making a v2.0 mask and cowl. This one I'm documenting a bit better with pictures, it's more accurate to the original character and is being made of higher quality materials. This one is for display but it can still be worn comfortably. I'm also of thinking of including some yellow LEDs for eyes in the display bust it will sit on - Just for extra coolness.

I actually have a question too come to think of it. Once I've sorted out the shape of the new mask (no fabrics at this point - just paper mached shapes) is there a way to cast it? As getting the shape right is the most time consuming part I want to be able to create a few of them, chop bits out, try different fabrics etc. What would be the best way of doing this? I was thinking of a standard plaster cast? Although I fear this might be a bit brittle and heavy for wear?

Anyway, I'll start posting up pics of the new version as I go. Thanks all.

Jack.

Great job on your scarecrow! About the casting I don't know for sure, but maybe a polyurethane mold instead. I don't know, read up more about that and several different types of mold making processes before you decide, the 405th is a grand place to learn some of this stuff, so I'd check out there as well as here.

-The Armorer

Thanks The armorer :)

I will check out the 405th. I will also look up the casting process you speak of on our old friend Google.

Thanks.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back