Lucasfilm vs Ainsworth Legal Battle Aftermath & Update: Andrew Ainsworth Owes Lawyer

Re: Lucasfilm vs Ainsworth Legal Battle Aftermath & Update: Andrew Ainsworth Owes La

Interesting read Jason. Thanks :thumbsup

"Today’s article by The Laywer also states that there is still an ongoing legal battle with Lucasfilm with the High Court over a £4m damages claim against Ainsworth for selling 19 of his unlicensed replica helmets in the United States... "

That's over $300,000 a helmet :lol

Re: Lucasfilm vs Ainsworth Legal Battle Aftermath & Update: Andrew Ainsworth Owes La

I am suddenly reminded of my favorite word right now..."Schadenfreude".

I have been waiting for this to come out.

Now that the Mouse has LFL Andrew will wish he was never born!

Thats a big bill! well this might finally put a stop to him.
Just spitballing now, but what happens if they use troopers in the new movies, would that give them more of a chance to stop him legally?,

find that a tad funny.. guess karma finally cought up with Ainsworth

Thats a big bill! well this might finally put a stop to him.
Just spitballing now, but what happens if they use troopers in the new movies, would that give them more of a chance to stop him legally?,
Putting them up on screen in the new films would likely renew the copyright. Or am I completely off here?

I am not sure as I 'believe' the copyright would begin when they first appeared on screen and does it not expire after a certain amount of time? Also if they do use them I imagine they will probably resculpt the whole lot?

Were there really just 19 helmets sold in the US?

Unfortunately I still have mine too.

That's about how much they're worth now.

I wouldn't even **** in one.

Ben

Well, his latest pic on his Facebook page, 15 visible TK helmets and 5 boxes of armor ready to ship, serves one or two purposes. Either he's cranking out armor and buckets to pay his lawyer fees, he's daring Disney to come after him, or both. I hate this guy. I really, really do.

Wes

I hate this guy...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back