Mord Sith costume help(book version)

mordsithmichell

I am a huge Sword of Truth fan and love the MordSith. When the show came out I was ecstatic but a little disappointed in the outfits because I have read the books so many times and the only part of the description of the outfits that was right was the skin tight leather part. They were too dark (IMO) there was no yellow crescent and star on the stomach, the agiels were way wrong. Don't get me wrong, it was still awesome as Hell to see Mord Sith in action:love and I do love the screen outfits too. I want to make a book version for ComicCon next year though. I will be making it using the descriptions I can find, and the somewhat helpful pic on Temple of the Winds. Two piece, buttons on the side of the top part, etc. I can't afford to use real leather but I found some amazing breathable pleather at Joann's that was normally 30.00 a yard marked down to 2.50 a yard!!! It is a brown but I will be spraying it the correct color with auto interior vinyl paint. I have already done a spray test and sewing test with it sprayed so it is going to work perfectly and be the exact blood red color I envisioned :)

Anyway, sorry I get off track. My problem is with how I am going to do the star and crescent. I don't want to just generically paint it on there since I am going to put a lot of work into this project. I don't really know how I should do it to make it look correct since I have never really worked with this material either. I was thinking to paint a star and crescent cutout and sew it on but I didn't know it that would look weird sitting on top of the fabric. Then I thought reverse applique but I don't have much experience with that either. So...if you read this far congrats, and opinions on how I should do it? Another thing I need help with is the agiel. It is described as a simple leather rod, blood red like their leather when training a pet, about a foot long and a finger width wide. Is there any way to make some sort of thing like this without just wrapping leather around a stick?

In case you need a description of the outfits
Mord-Sith wear iconic skin-tight leather suits at all times. They usually wear brown leather, but when they are training a pet, suspect trouble, or are in battle, they wear red leather. This is to hide the blood of their victims. Should a Mord-Sith fail in a task assigned by Lord Rahl they wear the red leather when recieving their punishment. If a Mord-Sith selects a pet as her mate, she will don white leather, to show that she does not need to use the Agiel to draw blood because her mate is completely and absolutely broken. The leather uniform always has a crescent and a star on it, the symbol of the Mord-Sith.

oh, and here is the picture of Cara on the cover of Temple of Winds, and then a picture of our lovely Kahlan from the show disguised as a Mord Sith:love

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back