Syfy, what have you done?

laserpistol76

I love the Syfy channel, but seriously, when was the last time they showed legitimate Sci-Fi? There have been a few shows like Alphas, Eureka, Warehouse 13,etc. They even used to show Doctor Who, Star Trek, all of the good stuff. What happened? Now they show all of this dumb reality stuff about haunted places and all of that. Don't even get me started on their Saturday night movies.

List of programs broadcast by Syfy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At least there's Face Off and Defiance next year. Syfy is actually getting Sci-Fi!

Same thing that happened to History. Now it's all "Ice Truckers" and garbage like that. :thumbsdown

Totally. I spend all of Fourth of July watching the documentaries on the American Revolution and America the Story of Us. They actually had some interesting programs like Digging for the Truth and such. Curse you, reality TV!

Same thing that happened to History. Now it's all "Ice Truckers" and garbage like that. :thumbsdown
Hey, at least the "History" channel isn't running Adolph Hitler documentaries 24/7 any more. :lol

As for "Siffy", I don't think I've watched anything on that channel since the last episode of Battlestar Galactica aired in 2009; none of their programming interests me.

I love the Syfy channel, but seriously, when was the last time they showed legitimate Sci-Fi? There have been a few shows like Alphas, Eureka, Warehouse 13,etc. They even used to show Doctor Who, Star Trek, all of the good stuff. What happened? Now they show all of this dumb reality stuff about haunted places and all of that. Don't even get me started on their Saturday night movies.

List of programs broadcast by Syfy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At least there's Face Off and Defiance next year. Syfy is actually getting Sci-Fi!

Bonnie Hammer is what happened to SyFy. It was her policies that she started that ended up making the channel become what it is now.

They took history international and put all the history stuff from the original channel on it and called it H2 and it has the reality crap now too. Look at VH1, it was a refuge for mtv fans as was mtv2 but now it's all rap and reality with Vh1 classic being the only refuge left.

Makes me grateful that the Canadian equivalent of Syfy, Space Channel actually plays tons and tons of sci Fi, and Horror stuff. Dr Who, all star treks except DS9 and enterprise, both star gates, supernatural, alphas, primeval, almighty Johnsons, etc.

Yeah, Syfy has been pants for an age now, along with Horror, i think there are two shows on FX now that i tune into like life depended on it, and they dont take much guessing on what they are lol.

lee

Makes me grateful that the Canadian equivalent of Syfy, Space Channel actually plays tons and tons of sci Fi, and Horror stuff. Dr Who, all star treks except DS9 and enterprise, both star gates, supernatural, alphas, primeval, almighty Johnsons, etc.

Actually, someone I know from Canada (who I do rewatches of BSG and, most recently, Farscape with) talked about the Space Channel and its programming. And I will admit, I kinda wish the company that owns Space would by SyFy and turn it back into what it was. I can't tell you how much I hate wrestling.

Actually, someone I know from Canada (who I do rewatches of BSG and, most recently, Farscape with) talked about the Space Channel and its programming. And I will admit, I kinda wish the company that owns Space would by SyFy and turn it back into what it was. I can't tell you how much I hate wrestling.

Why do they always show wrestling on Syfy? It isn't even science fiction!

Aw! Don't tell us that! :lol

Syfy is no longer scifi, right? Guess what Science Channel plays now. Yep, Firefly and Fringe marathons. The American Movie Channel has dramatic television series, one of which has a Brit in the lead role. (Not that I'll complain about the Walking Dead. God bless Daryl Dixon.) At least Discovery has Mythbusters, Curiosity, and random BBC documentaries. Hell, even BBC America plays purely American programming as filler. I'm quite disappointed in cable television right now.

I love Haven. It's probably my favorite Syfy show, with Warehouse 13 right behind it. Being Human (US) is okay at sporadic times too.

After that... I don't think there's anything else to watch.

Youtube sucks so much. I'm going to watch BSG on Syfy without the *BUFFERING*... thing. I have a very fast connection, but Youtube still can't ever play correctly.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back