Type of glue for latex?

takevin

Sr Member
Need to glue one piece of latex to another piece of latex, any recommendations? This would be for a mask, so sweat will be taken into account lol.:lol

E6000 glue is good stuff for latex very strong or Get a good contact cement, rough up both sides you want to glue with a sanding block for better adhesion,

Latex always works well for bonding latex. Superglue works well too, but if it's a thin piece it can make it brittle.

Latex usually works well :) Unless you have already powdered your latex in which case, nope.

E6000 or Shoe Goo or any other of that kind (Goop) works brilliantly :) I used it to assemble my Shaak Ti tentacles. The only issue I had was due to *%%& high dew point when I used it. So I had to have a fan heater on low to help.

I also use just prosthetic Aide on my Asari pieces to hold them to each other and the bald cap base. PA works really well. In fact after running to the D*C parade this year in full Liara gear and sweating enough to pass out I only had one bare mm of lift in the glue to my own skin. So it's good stuff ;)

I do a lot of multi-part latex molds that need to be married together to form a decent cast. My suggested method is use liquid latex with a backer of either flexible mesh material or a thin strip of latex bald cap. If you don't have bald cap available making your own thin skin of latex is simple by pouring latex on a non porous surface and either air drying or blow drying to speed up curing time. Make sure that you talc the side that is up so that it doesn't stick together when you peel it up.

Barge cement .. paint each side ..either let it air cure for a few minute or speed up the kick with a hairdryer ..apply ..it wont be going anywhere

I have used the Super 77 from 3M and it works well to attach stuff to latex masks and for repairs. Combine that with nylon stocking material and liquid latex.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back