The Terminator 1984- Kyle Reese Trench Coats, Shoes, and more

Vandals run perfectly true to size in my experience. I would get your actual size, half a size up can be very uncomfortable to the point of unwearable. Fitted vs. Loose... I will take fitted. ;)

Half a size, by the way, is just an additional 0.5 cm longer. It totally depends on your individual foot.

Measure your foot. You may even be able to go half a size down.

Yea, I will see if a store here has them. But man was TG awesome!!! So many nods to Cameron's early work.
only thing about the new Reese costume is that the shirt was a hybrid tank top/shirt. The pants seem more like modern sweatpants instead of rugby pants. And of course the re-released Nike vandals

Hahahahahahaha. Looks like you caught me.
I did not, since I need to be naked...which was awkward. But work, work, work.

(Kyle is my favorite character. Next to the T-1000. They should make a Terminator TV series with the protagonist being a series 1000 Terminator. That would be actually a good idea. But anyways)

Focusing on TG for a bit here Jai wore modern-day sweatpants which aren't IDed yet. The shirt is a hybrid tank top and shirt. Any new information?

I feel like a right nitpicker, his t shirt is different from T1 the stripes are going downwards and it is way more whiter and his shoes don't seem like there Nike Vandals if you look close enough on the T2 the deleted scene (when Reese is standing at the door)
Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-23.jpg
... Sorry again but Kyle is my favourite movie character :lol.

Last edited:
Yea, yours right. That shirt is different, and so are the shoes. Maybe cause it was the 90s, and the 80s fashion had been long gone by T2. He does seem to be wearing something under his coat as well. I can't ID the shirt, but the shoes are obviously a type of Nikes. Are the pants the same rugby pants?

Yea, yours right. That shirt is different, and so are the shoes. Maybe cause it was the 90s, and the 80s fashion had been long gone by T2. He does seem to be wearing something under his coat as well. I can't ID the shirt, but the shoes are obviously a type of Nikes. Are the pants the same rugby pants?

Can't really make out his pants but they are paint stained and they look good. As for his shoes still looking at 90s nikes :D to try and figure out what type they are.

Well I pulled the trigger on a pair of the new Vandal supremes in size 8 that were still in stock. They might fit, they might not. According to Nike's size chart on their website I should be able to fit in them, but at least if they don't I know I will be able to sell them pretty quickly!

Aaaaand they didn't fit. Well I knew it was a risk since I'm generally a size 9 or up but at least I should be able to turn them around on ebay pretty quickly. Too bad though, very nice looking sneakers.

Wow, I was almost right on. They ARE different shoes.

Kyle, I don't blame you for not remembering. It was a long time ago...

Hi guys!

So I managed to pick up a set of Vandal repros the morning of release (25/06 I think) for £80, but half the sizes had gone by then. I was waiting in a queue for the checkout for nearly 40 minutes – it didn’t cross my mind to buy more than one pair (maybe I’m just not looking to cash in on others’ misfortune).

Looks like you’re right about the original having black soles aswell as being sans the stripe (and a black logo on the Velcro strap rather than a white one). But considering I got these for £80, I’m not going to complain.

To complete my Kyle Reese 1984, I now need:

Pants:
Are these genuinely grey in colour or are they like a olive drab? Hollywood lighting is playing tricks on me I think. Anyone had any luck locating any good matches on the net?

Shirt:
I plan to get this made up from matching material, which should be no harder than trying to locate a shirt that comes anywhere close.

Shotgun:
The Ithaca 37 extended magazine is hard to come by in replica form – even more so when you live in the UK and weapon laws are extremely restrictive.

Any guidance getting these last few extremely difficult to locate items would be massively appreciated :)

Wow, I was almost right on. They ARE different shoes.

Kyle, I don't blame you for not remembering. It was a long time ago...

Ehh, what are you gonna do? Times change. But the future isn't set yet...at least. I hope not. Glad to see I get plastic surgery for my alternate self. I mean, me? Seriously, John should really have taught the resistance about the whole time travel and what the hell it is.

(No, I'm not really Reese. I'm just a fanboy. But, given my physical look, and soldier-like personality. I do seem some like him. More than Kai cause he was awful)

As far as costume goes, the pants are grey. Flat grey. And their rugby pants. But good luck finding the correct one. Go for an athletic pair of pants. It's what I'm doing at least. The shirt is easy. All Saints has one that looks identical. Well, almost. Shoes are...now so hard to get a hold of again. The shotgun is possible, if you got free time. If not, then I recommend a air soft one, paint and saw off the butt. Get some strong as well

Im jealous of the pants that shane has they are almost exact. He kinda disapeared after we told him that his vandals are from 2004. He got all defensive and said that he got a replacement strap from a sneakerhead budy of his and that is why the logo was black. I knew it was bs right away

Hi guys!

Pants:
Are these genuinely grey in colour or are they like a olive drab? Hollywood lighting is playing tricks on me I think. Anyone had any luck locating any good matches on the net?

Shirt:
I plan to get this made up from matching material, which should be no harder than trying to locate a shirt that comes anywhere close.

Shotgun:
The Ithaca 37 extended magazine is hard to come by in replica form – even more so when you live in the UK and weapon laws are extremely restrictive.

Any guidance getting these last few extremely difficult to locate items would be massively appreciated :)

Kyles pants are grey, i used the following pics for refrences on just how dirty and paint stained they are.

t1-set-michael-034.jpgt1-set-cast-047.jpg
I wish i knew more about 80's clothing, these pants are impossible to find today in the same style, elastic waist with no zipper and open hem leg, with a back pocket and two side pockets (can be seen for a split second when Reese is pulling the pants up and running into the clothing dept).
I used grey rugby pants for my costume, worked very well i removed the belt loops and used fabric glue to glue down the zipper opening.
Untitled-2.jpg
I will PM you some good ebay links for grey rugby trousers, and a link for a replica shotgun...

As far as costume goes, the pants are grey. Flat grey. And their rugby pants. But good luck finding the correct one. Go for an athletic pair of pants. It's what I'm doing at least. The shirt is easy. All Saints has one that looks identical. Well, almost. Shoes are...now so hard to get a hold of again. The shotgun is possible, if you got free time. If not, then I recommend a air soft one, paint and saw off the butt. Get some strong as well

Thanks for the info - clears a few things up :)

Currently trawling ebay/amazon/the wider web in search of matching pants. Hard to find them with the single pocket, but I've seen things that are close. I suppose I could always pay someone to modify them?

The shirts on All Saints are close (but no cigar). The style with the squared neck and reversed horizontal to vertical striping on the shoulder cuffs is pretty distinctive. There's a Chinese lady who owns a sewing shop in my town - advertises it as repairs and alterations. I wonder how she'd feel about scratch making something?

The shotgun will be trickiest as there doesn't seem to be an Ithaca 37 replica in circulation at the moment. And I'd really rather go without for now than settle for something very wrong (I'm very specific about my guns) :D

Kyles pants are grey, i used the following pics for refrences on just how dirty and paint stained they are.

View attachment 498888View attachment 498889
I wish i knew more about 80's clothing, these pants are impossible to find today in the same style, elastic waist with no zipper and open hem leg, with a back pocket and two side pockets (can be seen for a split second when Reese is pulling the pants up and running into the clothing dept).
I used grey rugby pants for my costume, worked very well i removed the belt loops and used fabric glue to glue down the zipper opening.
View attachment 498894
I will PM you some good ebay links for grey rugby trousers, and a link for a replica shotgun...

Woah these pictures are incredibly useful. I thought I'd trawled the web and found all the good reference photos but these are the best.

And links would be hugely appreciated. I did spend about 8 hours searching last night with no luck, so any input will help. As you say, no way to get it exact, so I'll be modifying whatever I end up with.

Thanks for the info - clears a few things up :)

Currently trawling ebay/amazon/the wider web in search of matching pants. Hard to find them with the single pocket, but I've seen things that are close. I suppose I could always pay someone to modify them?

The shirts on All Saints are close (but no cigar). The style with the squared neck and reversed horizontal to vertical striping on the shoulder cuffs is pretty distinctive. There's a Chinese lady who owns a sewing shop in my town - advertises it as repairs and alterations. I wonder how she'd feel about scratch making something?

The shotgun will be trickiest as there doesn't seem to be an Ithaca 37 replica in circulation at the moment. And I'd really rather go without for now than settle for something very wrong (I'm very specific about my guns) :D

I checked a single website and found 4 different Ithacas ;)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back