My Mk. 42 build, new STL files for upper arm section

could anybody tell me if anybody who has built the forearm weather they needed to scale the part up to get their hand through the wrist opening
thanks

Last edited:
could anybody tell me if anybody who has built the forearm weather they needed to scale the part up to get their hand through the wrist opening
thanks

I just opened the forearm in Sketchup and measured the wrist opening at roughly 80mm by 70mm.

Are there any other MK.42 3d parts floating about the forum?

Impressive work, I subscribe ¡ ¡¡ I need a 3d printer, already than ¡¡

P.D. Por fin veo gente de España por el foro, un saludo a todos.

hi i found the helmet but you will need to scale it to fit
casco_preview_featured.jpgmaskpt1_preview_featured.jpg
they are free on thingiverse

By any chance you got the .stl for the mk.42 helmet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi i found the helmet but you will need to scale it to fit
View attachment 433879View attachment 433880
they are free on thingiverse

I'm sorry to tell you that those files are not sliceable with Slic3r. I have those files somewhere in a version which I fixed using Meshmixer and a lot of free time. The original files were not created by me, I just used the freely availabe files from thingiverse. If you still haven't found some files, which you are able to print I will try to upload them. I sadly can't upload them at the moment, cause my computer is in for repairs and it will take some time to find the right backup. If there is still interest I'll go through my backups and try to put the fixed files up. The MK XLII is still on my to do list, but I think I'll try to finish a helmet for the Avengers 2 premiere since the MK XLII and the suit in the trailers (suppos. the MK XLIII) look pretty mush alike except for the paint job.

Hi, I found the files.
There are two files for each piece, one is labeled with an SMM ending. It stands for Support MeshMixer and those files have the support structure from meshmixer integrated and are optimized for my Printrbot Simple Metal, but I think, that you should be able to print these files with any other FDM printer. The files work with Slic3r up to a resolution of 0.1mm but take a while to slice. I uploaded the to my Dropbox Account and made the folder public, since I don't know if there is an upload space build into the RPF (please PM me if there is or if you know a better way). I printed the mask, so I can totally confirm that it works, the rest of the helmet is still in the queue for my printer.
I hope you all enjoy printing these files and maybe you can post some pics when you print the helmet and give me some feedback if it worked, or if I have to tweak the files again.
Finally I want to say again that the original files were taken from thingiverse, but were optimized by me. If the creator of the original files sees any problem with my posting of these files please contact me and I will take them down.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e62slpjj8jlvejs/AACqHQUXbxZ-aBWS1d8-lYRSa?dl=0

Hi, I found the files.
There are two files for each piece, one is labeled with an SMM ending. It stands for Support MeshMixer and those files have the support structure from meshmixer integrated and are optimized for my Printrbot Simple Metal, but I think, that you should be able to print these files with any other FDM printer. The files work with Slic3r up to a resolution of 0.1mm but take a while to slice. I uploaded the to my Dropbox Account and made the folder public, since I don't know if there is an upload space build into the RPF (please PM me if there is or if you know a better way). I printed the mask, so I can totally confirm that it works, the rest of the helmet is still in the queue for my printer.
I hope you all enjoy printing these files and maybe you can post some pics when you print the helmet and give me some feedback if it worked, or if I have to tweak the files again.
Finally I want to say again that the original files were taken from thingiverse, but were optimized by me. If the creator of the original files sees any problem with my posting of these files please contact me and I will take them down.

Nice work! Thanks for these

Shapeways only allows 93mb sized files to be uploaded for print the Helmet parts Top Left, and Top Right are both 255mb and would need to be either split more or compressed as an stl.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I found the files.

Deckard1981
Ok, I didn't know that. The big files is caused by the fixes I had to do with Meshmixer, because I had to combine the parts and make them solid. Meshmixer added "some" more surfaces (it took about half an hour of computing) to make the solid piece fit the shape of the original file. I think I'll leave them in my Dropbox then. Has anyone started to print the helmet, really interested in the results. I'm currently not able to finish my helmet, because I want to finnish the glove for the release of Avengers Age of Ultron ( which I will probally see at the end of April ^^)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My go at creating an accurately articulated Iron Man glove (helmet on hold)

Have you got the STL files for the palm and the back of the hand??

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back