PVC Pipe car frame, how to make spinning wheels?? (MS Paint Drawing included)

sparrowfan

Hey guys,
I plan to make a mini car frame out of PVC Pipes,
but I'm having trouble trying to figure out how I can connect it to a PVC pipe wheels so it spins.

I can make it static easily, but having the wheel spins i'm having difficulties.
here is a pic of what I'm trying to achieve:

30kvgd5.jpg

If your main pvc pipe is like an axle and you have a wheel with a PVC pipe center, one would have to be larger than the other so they can slip inside of each other, slip a bearing over the wheel size and stick it into the axle side. This will give you a tight fitment and ease of have your wheels roll.

Or make a hub adapter with bearing center, much like a car...have a flange on both sides and bolt them together. The center bearings will allow the wheels to turn, but the assembly will stay conjoined due to the mated flanges.

Easiestt way would be to get an adapter to the small ID of the bearing. You may need to sand down the ID of the axle side and OD of the wheel side a bit to get the fitment right.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back