My 1st Freddy Krueger Glove + Stand. (Complete!!) + WIP on 3 More.

CH33ZEBURG3R

EDIT:
Well it's finally complete after a lot of hard work:love, i'd say it's taken over 40hrs to get this done,what with the making of the stand and doing all my own blades (none of this Laser cutting stuff (i wish) ) Anyway i'm glad it's finished and now onto the next three. (Why i thought that was a good idea i don't know lol)

Freddy Krueger Glove and Stand. - YouTube

Here's a couple of pics of the finished plaque and a short video i made before i painted it, more photo's can be found on pages 1-3 of my build, page 4 is the start of 3 more that iv'e decided to do:eek:eek
View attachment 132056View attachment 129794View attachment 129795View attachment 129796

Freddy Krueger Glove + Stand - YouTube

And my original thread below.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here so please be gentle:lol

Ok, iv'e just started making my first (well second now, the first was made from steel over 20yrs ago now:eek) Freddy Krueger glove and stand, i'm trying to make it as good as i possibly can and need some help on how to age the glove/copper etc and maybe where to source a cheap glove from.

I only started on the weekend so i haven't done much apart from cut and shape all the copper, i still need to do a tiny bit on the back plate, and i need to get the copper pipe for the stand looking grubby,i took inspiration and kind of stole the idea from someone on here to make the stand, i apologize for this but it was something that i thought looked great for the glove to get displayed on so i'm making one myself with a few minor tweaks, once i'm happy how the pipe looks i'll have a friend weld the pipe and the plaque on rough, then i plan on getting some dark red paint and writing something on it, i have a couple of ideas for that.

Anyway here's the pics so far -

View attachment 125600
View attachment 125601View attachment 125602
View attachment 125603View attachment 125604
View attachment 125605View attachment 125606
View attachment 125607View attachment 125608
View attachment 125609View attachment 125612
View attachment 125613View attachment 125614
View attachment 125615View attachment 125616

So to age the copper i was going to use Liver of Sulfur and play around with the strength on some scrap pieces first, and what i'd like to know is what you use to get the aged effect, anything else i could use?

Also i need to find a cheapish glove to use, is there any on ebay/Amazon you would recommend? and how would you make it look dirty, whats the best technique?

Any advice is welcome:)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Re: Homemade Freddy Glove + Stand, Advice needed

hey, i build part 1 gloves every now and then. here's a video i did on aging copper without using chemicals.

Copper Coloring - YouTube

for the glove you're looking for unlined leather drivers gloves with a ball and tape cuff. like these. there's a million ways to weather the leather but you have to start with leather dye to get the base brown color. not too light and not too dark. it just takes some experimenting to find out what works for you.

Great start... Welcome aboard :)

I will be watching your progress.

I have been working with various metals for quite some type...copper is a very reactive metal and any oxiding agent would work. Before going with more chemical induced, firsy try Palmolive Ultra...original formula, green. It contains a few oxidizers and wont take long to begin to notice some changes in color. I have also made a Freddy glove and mask quite some time ago, if you need help let me know...otherwise your glove looks as to be coming along great already!

What are you going to use for blades? Also, where did you get the patterns from? Looking forward to your build!

Welcome to the RPF :), and great work there :thumbsup !

I was going to suggest where you can get a stand from, but I see that you are already well covered :lol

hey, i build part 1 gloves every now and then. here's a video i did on aging copper without using chemicals.

Copper Coloring - YouTube

for the glove you're looking for unlined leather drivers gloves with a ball and tape cuff. like these. there's a million ways to weather the leather but you have to start with leather dye to get the base brown color. not too light and not too dark. it just takes some experimenting to find out what works for you.

Nice video, thanks for that, i'll do some experimenting at the weekend on some scrap pieces as i'm also picking up some LOS gel tomorrow.

Them gloves look great and its a shame they don't ship to Australia so i'm going to have to do some searching around and see if i can find something that matches those or similar.

Great start... Welcome aboard :)

I will be watching your progress.
Thanks, i'll be watching too:lol
I have been working with various metals for quite some type...copper is a very reactive metal and any oxiding agent would work. Before going with more chemical induced, firsy try Palmolive Ultra...original formula, green. It contains a few oxidizers and wont take long to begin to notice some changes in color. I have also made a Freddy glove and mask quite some time ago, if you need help let me know...otherwise your glove looks as to be coming along great already!

That looks great, was that aged using Palmolive? it's come out really good,i'll be experimenting over the weekend, hopefully i'll have all the copper how i want it.

What are you going to use for blades? Also, where did you get the patterns from? Looking forward to your build!

The pattern i got from searching Google, i altered it slightly though to my liking, i'm not trying to create an exact replica but just something that looks good.

As for the blades, at the moment i'll be using steel, i was looking at buying some blades from razorgloves.com but anything Freddy Krueger is not allowed into Australia as its classed as a Clawed Glove, so like i said my original plan was to use steel and see how i get on.

Welcome to the RPF :), and great work there :thumbsup !

I was going to suggest where you can get a stand from, but I see that you are already well covered :lol

Yes the stand is coming on nicely, hopefully i will have the copper pipe aged and have the Glove supports all done by the weekend, then its just a case of getting a mate to do a bit of rough welding and then i think i'll use some kind of blood red paint to write something Elm Streetish on the front.

Hopefully if the glove looks good which i'm hoping it will do, iv'e got enough material to make another and with a few alterations make it look slightly different.

But lets get this one done first:)

Last edited:
Re: My Handmade Freddy Krueger Glove + Stand, Advice/Help Needed

As far as the blades go, if you have a bench grinder or even an angle grinder, you can shape and form steak knives into the correct shape and round the tips....or leave them sharp. Whichever. You dont need expensive blades or anything fancy. Also, the finish I got was a combo of brazing, Palmolive and handling the copper. The natural oils and whatever is on your hands will oxidize the copper over time if you handle is for an extended period.

Yes I was thinking about knives but then thought how would I cut them? Although I do have an Angle Grinder. I have also just sent an email to a company 10mins away that will Laser cut steel for you, so I've asked for a Quote on the pieces I would need it only needs to come from a piece 200x150mm I'd get 8 blades done, that's if the would though seeing as they would be cutting what looks like blades?

I shall see.

Well iv'e been doing some more work on the Glove and Stand today, the base stand is pretty much done with just a few finishing touches to do i'm pretty happy with it and the copper pipe is looking good now.

I started to make the hand that the glove will sit on, i got all the fingers done apart from the thumb (i actually forgot about it lol) but i'll do that another time as i still need to sculpt the piece of pine to a better palm shape, then what i will probably do is get a blowtorch and burn it up a little bit to make it look better, even though you won't really see it i'll make it look complete. I'll probably leave the thumb piece loose so the glove will go on easier.

I picked up some LOS Patina Gel yesterday and have used that to get the Copper aged, i'm really pleased on how it came out, i need to do a bit of touching up on the end finger pieces and maybe darken the ends a little more where the finger pieces rivet onto the back plate?
And i think i may work more on the back plate to maybe lighten it up more (what do you think?)

I haven't started work on the blades yet, i have emailed a few places that do Laser Cutting to see if they would cut me 2 sets of blades depending on price, if not i'll do them myself out of the Sheet Steel that i have.

I'm also waiting on Rivets to arrive and still looking for a Glove that will work.

View attachment 126030View attachment 126031View attachment 126032
View attachment 126033View attachment 126034
View attachment 126035View attachment 126036
View attachment 126037View attachment 126040
View attachment 126041View attachment 126042
View attachment 126043View attachment 126044
View attachment 126045View attachment 126046

Those gloves look prety good...it really comes down to your personal preference and what you think looks best. Depending on which style glove you make, the finger tips and palm are cut out anyways.

Those gloves look pretty good...it really comes down to your personal preference and what you think looks best. Depending on which style glove you make, the finger tips and palm are cut out anyways.

I actually found some exactly the same from a Home Improvment store just up the road from me for $8.98 so i'll pop up tomorrow and check them out - http://www.masters.com.au/product/900039011/premium-cowhide-leather-gloves

Last edited:

Nice...will you be dying them a darker color for a weathered effect or leave them the color that they are?

Nice...will you be dying them a darker color for a weathered effect or leave them the color that they are?

I'll be making them look old one way or another, I don't have any dye yet so for the moment i'll cut out the holes for the palm and fingers and i'll experiment on the left hand t see what looks best.

I'll do a bit more today.

Last edited:

Yes i think that was one of the first i saw when i was looking around.

Ok quick update!!

I went out and bought a Glove today from up the road for $9, very happy that it had the strap on it, iv'e also been doing a bit more to the stand and apart from attaching the small plaque at the front and doing a bit of work around the bottom of the copper pipe, its pretty much finished. I didn't really do anything to the Copper pieces themselves just lightened them up a touch, and i still need to attach the rings.

When i was burning the pine on the stand it actually gave me an idea to rub the glove on it to get it dirty and looking more weathered, so that's what i did, it's not completely finished yet but its a start.

Well seeing the glove on the stand i'm super pleased with it so far, i'm going to start work on the blades next, that's going to be to be a challenge but i'll get there, hopefully the rivets will arrive soon too so i can start fitting it all together.

View attachment 126269View attachment 126270
View attachment 126271View attachment 126272
View attachment 126273View attachment 126274
View attachment 126275View attachment 126276

Re: My Handmade Freddy Krueger Glove + Stand.

Really cool seeing your build. The one thing that has held me up is the blades. I just checked out http://www.razorgloves.com/blades.htm and they have three different styles of machined steel blades for $9.95 a set shipped! Probably a lot cheaper than having a shop cut them.

Watching your build and may start one myself! Thanks for the insperation.

Re: My Handmade Freddy Krueger Glove + Stand.

Really cool seeing your build. The one thing that has held me up is the blades. I just checked out Blades and they have three different styles of machined steel blades for $9.95 a set shipped! Probably a lot cheaper than having a shop cut them.

Watching your build and may start one myself! Thanks for the insperation.

If you read a few posts up, he says he cant import them into his country so thats why he went the other route on getting them made.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back