EL Wire question

WraithProject

Wasnt sure where to post this. I looked all over and didnt find a existing thread that answered my questions.
Can you trim EL wire and it still work? And can it be rewired for the pieces that have been trimed? Basicaly what i need is like four 3"-4" slivers and they are located on different locations of my build.
I've looked all over the net as much as i could and i guess this is one of those small things that people dont think is relvant so its never posted, thus im in need of someone that is familar with the product.

thanks for the link IMIM2, do you happen to know anywhere thats got some solid info on EL sheets? im finding it hard to any real info on cutting and powering it

cheers

I used to sell EL wire, but I personally do not like the product.
EL sheets normally combined with screen printing.
Have to buy in large sheets.
LED is better, unless on several cases, EL is better.
Can't help you out here.

Good luck,those wire are very thin and hard to solder.
And remember not to swicth on the EL driver without EL wire (load), it'll burn the circuit.
Careful when scribe the core,that's phospor,and it's toxic.

Happy EL!

Look up elwire.uk that's where I got mine from I used it for the eyes in my ironman build. As a matter of fact the eyes in my profile picture is my helmet in the dark with the el wire I bought from him. Probably the easiest way to go you can get everything including info on use there. Have fun.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back