Sergeant Calhoun

aeryn

I have something to use my doesn't-work-for-black-widow fabric!

Detona-Ralph-31.jpg

haha! thanks. :p i've got the wig already, and have been holding off on the suit part until i can get my arse in to the gym. i've got til april to make it. to pass the time, i will be working with a couple others to make her hoverboard!!

yes! i'd like to run it on an arduino board so i can make them pulse and sequence or something, too. but might end up going easy and just sticking red LEDs to a 9v and some resistors, depending on how much time we spend on the hoverboard. :p

there aren't a lot of pics of her hoverboard, but i'm using some screen caps i have from trailers and this:
thumblg.png

My plan is to run the back wheels off a motor, then maybe the fronts off a servo (or just a skateboard truck, again depending on time and monies) and have everything controlled by arduino and a wii nunchuck. woot!

So Disney put out a limited release 17" doll of Calhoun. It retailed for $100, I've found it on ebay and some other places for about double that. Then I found this Flickr album where someone dressed theirs down and took some pretty amazing reference shots:

Sergeant Calhoun LE 17'' Doll - Wreck-It Ralph - Disney Store - a set on Flickr

I emailed them to see if they wouldn't mind taking some better, less perspective shots. I'm also going to see about modeling the pistol and the rifle to make a pep out of.

Also, Jane Lynch (the voice actress of Calhoun) had a costume made for her that she wore on Ellen. No idea who the builder was, but it looks awesome and is a good build reference.

A6jm1dKCQAARZ5D.jpg:large

178410_544651632218349_164711769_o.jpg

AND SO IT BEGINS! Now that I'm done with Gallifrey for this year (and convinced myself to hold off on next years' projects until summer), time to start construction on Calhoun. I'll be picking up black spandex here tonight for the body suit. I'll be doing a black mesh over it, like the original animation, versus the gray on Malaki's (builder of Jane's) suit.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back