Firefly 10th Anniversay Special Clips

Probe Droid

Master Member
Just got this release and figured there were some fans here:

On November 11, the Science Channel will bring you a Firefly 10th Anniversary Special Event! It's (literally) been 10 years in the making for this extravaganza—and there's nearly two hours of extra footage that just couldn't be squeezed into the hour-long special.
Here's your chance to see four of the best moments that WILL NEVER AIR ON TELEVISION (or anywhere else)! All you need to do is tweet @ScienceChannel with #FireflyNov11. A new video will unlock for every 5,000 tweets that enter the Twitter 'verse.

Can't wait? Watch Firefly clips now.​

THE TENTH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL FIREFLY: BROWNCOATS UNITE IS MAKING ITS WORLD PREMIERE ON SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 11 @ 10PM ONLY ON SCIENCE CHANNEL​

Last edited by a moderator:
Caught the show last night and it was pretty good. It was interesting to hear some of the backstory of the characters that you never heard during the show.

Coincidentally enough, a friend just introduced me to Firefly a few weeks ago and we just finished watching Serenity last night after a marathon week of episodes. Yeah, so I'm ten years late, but it is a bummer that this show was axed.

Coincidentally enough, a friend just introduced me to Firefly a few weeks ago and we just finished watching Serenity last night after a marathon week of episodes. Yeah, so I'm ten years late, but it is a bummer that this show was axed.

Its never too late to become a Browncoat!

Never watched the show before, but I saw the commercials for the special, and decided to record it (and the marathon) yesterday. I'll have to sit down and watch them later this week to see what all the hullabaloo is about.

I have to wonder if I am the only person on the planet that thought Firefly sucked.

I wish I could understand why there always has to be a thread crapper. Really, it's okay if you don't like it, but why take the time to post in a thread about the show at all? :confused. Totally different if it was a Firefly sucks thread.

I wish I could understand why there always has to be a thread crapper. Really, it's okay if you don't like it, but why take the time to post in a thread about the show at all? :confused. Totally different if it was a Firefly sucks thread.

THANK YOU.

-Ss

Never watched the show before, but I saw the commercials for the special, and decided to record it (and the marathon) yesterday. I'll have to sit down and watch them later this week to see what all the hullabaloo is about.

If at all possible, I recommend not watching them on the Science channel. The DVD set can usually be had for under $20 (sometimes under $10). You don't have commercials and you don't have the crappy intro they added on. I'm not sure if they're airing all the episodes, or just the ones that aired.

That's the order it appears in the DVD set, and is generally considered the correct order - but some say that this order helps preserve some subtle continuities:

Serenity (Pilot)
The Train Job
Bushwacked
Shindig
Safe
Our Mrs. Reynolds
Jaynestown
Out Of Gas
Ariel
War Stories
Heart of Gold
Objects in Space
Trash
The Message

Also: if you can also Netflix the "Special Features", I'd recommend watching the deleted scenes from the pilot right after you watch the two-episode pilot. And if you don't like the pilot (not moving fast enough, etc., etc.), stick it out and watch the next two episodes (Train Job and Bushwacked). If that doesn't hook you, well .....

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back