The Walking Dead - Merle Dixon's Prosthetic Bayonet Arm (lil merle)

sorry for the lack of updates. right now i'm working on several hockey masks so that's taking up just about all of my time. however, i have been testing out some paint for the piece but i can't seem to nail down the correct color.

i've ordered what i think are the correct bolts to attach the arm brace to the prosthetic. they'll be here early next week so sometime towards the end of the week i should have some new pictures.

but so far the most difficult aspect has been the color of the prosthetic. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know lol.

sorry for the lack of updates. right now i'm working on several hockey masks so that's taking up just about all of my time. however, i have been testing out some paint for the piece but i can't seem to nail down the correct color.

i've ordered what i think are the correct bolts to attach the arm brace to the prosthetic. they'll be here early next week so sometime towards the end of the week i should have some new pictures.

but so far the most difficult aspect has been the color of the prosthetic. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know lol.

It looks like a dirty brownish silver. Take it to an art store, they might know

i figured i would upload a picture of my color test. after looking at it again i think the color may be right but the shade is wrong. it needs to be lighter.

0fSIwQD.jpg

1AP3kYu.jpg

Take it outside in the sun. It's the best lighting reference, considering how much time Merle spends outside in the sun.

i tested out some new paint today and i think it looks great. much better than before. to see what it could look like i wrapped a piece of leather around the bottom and attached one side of the arm brace. i'm really liking it so far. can't wait to finish it lol.

D2Y4zi8.jpg

not really. it still looks the same. i did cut the other lower arm brace. i'll also be replacing the white piece of plastic in the picture above with a piece of thin metal. once i get the new metal in and pick up some nuts for the bolts i should be able to put it all together.

So far this is a gorgeous build. I am a HUGE fan of TWD and of scratch built designs so I will definitely be watching your progress with baited breath.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back