The Walking Dead - Merle Dixon's Prosthetic Bayonet Arm (lil merle)

here's a quick picture of the prosthetic with the first bayonet casting. the only thing i can't seem to find are accurate buckles for the leather. i've looked all over and i just can't seem to find them. other than that, i think i just need to paint everything and put it all together.

lilmerle-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks awesome! I think you can use one of those hole pokers they use like a hole punch with a bunch of pokers. I dont know the technical term for it. Or use a small dog collar

i picked up some nuts and bolts today so i could see what the bayonet looks like mounted to the prosthetic. i have several hockey masks to paint so i won't be able to do anything with this for a couple weeks.

rnxZRhy.jpg

W29va69.jpg

X4O8ral.jpg

if you are still at a loss for the leather, you really should drop Bruce a line. the guy is really easy going and wouldn't mind sharing techniques and ideas.

nice work on this!

these will be for sale but when and what price i'm not sure. right now, i just need to get one completely finished so i can see just how much work goes into one.

xdmray - that's a good idea. if i can't find something suitable i will definitely contact him.

hopefully i'll have some more progress pictures soon.

Sign me up for one, when you do a run too... my fiance just freaked out when she saw that ..... Got to get her a little merle ( insert joke there )..... but seriously great work

stephen

Please let me know if you make these available. I'm trying to find one for my five year old for a photo op with Norman Reedus in early May (his 5 year old brother will be Daryl) :)

Marah

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back