X-Men Cyclops from 1990's

td2253

Cyclops has been one of my favorite X-Men characters of all time. There have been many versions of his uniform and looks but my favorite one was from the 1990's. So, I decided to make a replica visor and costume for this year's Halloween but I didn't finish it in time. All that is missing are the bands that go on his wrists, thighs and boots. I didn't have much pics of the process coz I was in a rush to make it for Halloween but here are a few of my WIP pics.

712835-cyclops.jpg

I started with a Pepakura model of the visor. Sorry, modeler unknown to give credit to.
1027121332a.jpg

Pep model finished.
1101121935.jpg

1101121935a.jpg

1101121934a.jpg

Here is my 2nd Skin Suit for the main Cyclops outfit with eyes, mouth and top of head drawn out for the outline to be sewn (to prevent ripping) and then cut out.
1101121932.jpg

1101121931a.jpg

Here is the 2" utility belt with Batman pouches and the sash or shoulder belt which is also made from a Batman TDK belt with an underlying EVA foam mat material for reinforcement. The rounded X emblem was a jar lid from a Great Value ice tea mix.
1101121937.jpg

I bought a brown hair wig (70's Man Wig) from Spencers for about $7 bucks and trimmed the sides a bit for a better more accurate look. Yellow briefs are Hulk Hogan wrestling briefs from TV Store Online. The boots are yellow steel toed rubber safety boots from Grainger. Here is a test fitting of the whole thing except for the wrist, thigh and boot bands.
GEDC0101.jpg

I will post more pics when I completely finish the whole thing. Thanks for looking! :)

Excellent! This is what I always imagined the X-men movie Cyclops was going to look like when I was growing up!
Don't forget the thigh belts.

Looks fantastic....... and it's always a massive boost when Stealth pops bye and gives is thumbs up.... it's like being knighted by the Queen!! lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back