RustedRaygun's 2012 Halloween costume contest entry

RustedRaygun

Hi new folks,As a new member this is my first thread on this board. Sorry if you don't understand me don't hesitate to say it, cause I'm a French native speaker.

I'm a 15 years old steampunker from Montreal.

Here is my post-apo scientist costume...
My character's name is Tony Labot'Rus.
All the clothes, the boots, the glasses and the knife case was found in garage sales.
The gas mask is a custom real-one. It's customized with recycled plastic parts, acrylics, leather and a secret prototype material...that's not a joke, it was made only for a friend of mine who are a professional costume designer. ;)

1351901495465.jpg

Here is an alternative civil version...
I've simply forget the Adidas pants, until they aren't dirty at all cause my mom washed it before Halloween lol

1351902273536.jpg

(I have some problems uploading photos from my IPad, so the second one is "cutted" a bit xD)

Proof photo (oh yes, you CAN read the message... Lol) :

1351902139394.jpg

*Post-apo writing...*

First of all this costume is an original design, not a replica. I'm mostly a steampunker and post-apo enjoyer, and I planned a Spike costume cause I love Cowboy Bebop...
But I wasn't do any replica costumes before... In fact I have a small amount of experience in costume, with only two different creations.

I don't have many WIP photos, cause I saw the contest pub 3 days ago and decide to register...
For many other reasons, obviously the first is the quality of the RPF members, organization, etc... Best cosplay/props making forum I've seen to date.

Here is a photo of my gas mask instead, unfornunately once again, of some missed WIP photos :

1351902489684.jpg

1351902550145.jpg

Edit : uh-oh the boots are cutted out of the photos! Lol
Here is a pic of the two fellows.

1351903040770.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back