Judgement On San Diego - DREDD gathering for SDCC 2013

Deadline for initial $100 deposit is this Sunday (I think). Best to check on the Dragon Con facebook page to be sure.

One caveat - it is possible that these leathers will not be done in time for San Diego Comic-Con, which would be really disappointing, but I'm going to go for it and hope for the best. There is no way there will be another screen-accurate option at this rock bottom price.

If someone doesn't want to or can't go through facebook and wants in on this, pm me and I'll try to get back to you in time with the info.

It's for leather pants, jacket, and vest with armor. All other pieces will need to be sourced elsewhere, but getting those will be faster, so I don't see having a problem getting lawgiver, helmet, etc. done in time for SDCC.
In fact, the Dragon Con group is already discussing using our group buying power (60 judges and counting!) to get good deals on some of the other pieces we need.

So, as stated earlier, that fb group and the Dredd section of the RPF forums will remain the best places to deal with sourcing the costumes, and I'll keep this thread (and its sister fb group) as our point of info for the actual meetups.

Last edited:
I've got a great photographer lined up for SDCC to take portraits and group shots of this group at the convention center. I'll announce more when I have it all confirmed and he has his pass.

Thanks for the info Max Replica!

I think I'll chance it, and put in my deposit too. If it doesn't happen for SDCC, then I got plenty of time for a great Halloween costume.

I'll be at SDCC this year, hopefully with my Judge Tenebrae costume done by then. Although, saturday I will be dressed up as Marco for the Lost Boys photo shoot.

On Saturday we will be costuming as the new film only. On Thursday and Friday I will be in my comic-version outfit and will be happy to coordinate a meetup for other folks with comic-style costumes.
For the Stallone film, I'm afraid you're on your own.

My sister and I are going to go to the SDCC as well, as Hershey and Dredd respectively. So all Dredd 3D movie-related meet-ups will be on Saturday? Can't wait to dispense some law with the rest of you.

See you on the streets, guys!

I haven't been able to get a hotel yet, but I'll figure something out.
Yes, the Dredd 3D meetups will be Saturday, with possible comic-version meetup on Friday. Times and places to be determined. At least one photo op will be outside (probably on the steps) so that folks without passes can join.
Of course, you guys can get together individually on your own as well.

Time is ticking. 3 months till SDCC. I really hope my suit is ready by then. The good news is I have my hotel in Mission Valley, not close but it is on the Shuttle route.

Plan B, if my Dredd outfit is not done, I will just take plenty of pics of those of you who are.

awesome! I hope it won't be too hot! haha All that leather and sunshine is no good for us Alaskans! lol

awesome! I hope it won't be too hot! haha All that leather and sunshine is no good for us Alaskans! lol

As soon as the outdoor pics are done. I say retreat inside the AirConditioned MegaBlock ConCenter and start dispensing Justice! That place is gonna be super crowded inside, I don't think we'll have enough iso-cubes for all those perps!

Better bring extra ammo, I think the standard 4 clips won't last! ;) LOL!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back