Judgement On San Diego - DREDD gathering for SDCC 2013

Will we be making a FB page for this as well?

Thinking about it. It could make it easier for those who aren't part of the RPF. I'm a little hesitant though, just because I don't love the idea of having to do updates and read posts in two different places.

But yeah, I guess I should. I'll post a link here later once I create the facebook group.

Unless someone else wants to do it and just make me one of the admins...

Did you find anyone to do the FB page? I have a free minute and can knock that out

Thanks, haven't had a chance. Go for it!

Feel free to use the dragon*con one as a model. I'm sure they won't mind since we'll probably have some crossover between the two groups.

Thanks! I just joined (under my real name J.Butler) . If you'd like to make me an admin, I'm happy to take care of the bulk of the work running the group.
I suggest we keep it pretty much focused on organizing the meetup for SDCC and not discuss costume-making and sourcing too much. The reason? The facebook group for Dragon*Con has already done a great job of that. They've also already got a great photo reference library and I see no need to have duplicate discussions going on (it could also cause people on our group to miss opportunities on things like costume runs posted at the D*C group)
So I'm going to suggest all of our folks join that group (and of course keep checking here on the RPF) for costume research, and just use our SDCC facebook group to discuss meetup logistics and attendance.
I'll write all that up on fb if you make me an admin.

Okay, for those of you who missed it, we now have a facebook page. Please join it if at all possible:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/372124929540475/

There are many ways in which a facebook group will be easier for us to use than posting here. I will now use our fb group as my first place to list new info. I WILL keep this thread updated with anything significant, but it may run a bit behind the fb group.

When you join the group, please read the "about" section, and please add your name to the list located in the "files" tab.

And be sure to join the Dragon*Con Judge group on facebook. That's where will be posting info about costume components and costume research (no need to reinvent the wheel, those guys already have a great head start and have a good library of research photos put together):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DreddCostumeGroup.DragonCon2013/

P.S. There is a HUGE group of potential judges getting prepped for Dragon*Con (and some folks like me will be doing both)... but we at SDCC will get to do it first! Looks like the judges are going to make their presence felt at both cons in a big way.
It's an exciting time to be a Judge Dredd fan.

Hey Mr Pinski - yup I bet all the guys here are definitely familiar with your work (some of them may own it already!).
So you think you'll be at SDCC 2013? Excellent. Please come join us on the facebook page too if you have a chance.

Just in case someone doesn't know, if your planning on joining us at the actual event of SDCC then in order to get tickets this year you need to click here and get a membership ID. It doesn't cost you anything, its just your log in with EPIC online registration which is SDCC's third party for selling tickets. On they're website it says if you buy a ticket without this membership ID they will cancel your ticket.

I'm hoping to get in with this group if I can make it up there... this could be really great as long as we get more than the 5or 6 that committed, I may have a few judges coming with me.

Yes, we already have five and I suspect we'll have a lot more by the time Comic-Con rolls around. The Dragon*Con judges group on facebook is hard at work sourcing places for everyone to get the costume stuff they need over the coming months.

I'm good for a Comic Version meetup.

Might not have the time to make a movie version, but that doesn't mean I won't try like the dickens

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back