My new "Grail" piece.....Bobby C's 1:1 TDK Joker

Brent M

Sr Member
I know many people have showcased Bob Causey's TDK Ledger Joker on this forum before, but I had to let everyone here who might be interested take a look at his latest work. First, a little history of this project and some acknowledgments for everyone who helped out with this project.

After wanting to do a 1:1 Joker statue for a while, back in May I finally decided on moving forward with the project. The first step was to see if Bobby could find time in his busy schedule to do a bust for me and fortunately he said yes. As anyone who has ever talked to Bobby before knows, he's probably the single nicest guy walking the face of the planet and I can never thank him enough for the work he did on this masterpiece. It's truly even better than I ever could have expected.

The next step was hunting down all the accurate clothing as I wanted to make sure a bust of his caliber would not be wasted on cheap eBay Joker clothes. So, I bought the vest, shoes, shirt, gloves, pants and tie from Indy Magnoli. I was able to get a pair of the screen accurate socks from Tabio, the company who supplied them for production of TDK. I bought the gray sport jacket from a local store that had one which I felt was "close enough" given how little of it is shown on the display. The final, and most important piece IMHO, was the long purple overcoat and thankfully fellow member Haywire(Ryan) had an accurate coat from Baron Boutique that had been modified to be as close to screen accurate as possible which he agreed to sell me. The final pieces to round out the display are a Gotham City manhole cover purchased from The Monster Company in the UK, a screen accurate switchblade knife and a brilliant Smith & Wesson M76 machine gun replica hand crafted by fellow member BornKilr(Spencer).

The display sits on a Da Vinci foam flexible mannequin that was modified and dressed by my good friend Jarod, who helped me out greatly over the last 5 months putting this whole thing together. In fact, there's no way I could have done this project without the help provided by him and fellow member DarthWhitey(Brad) who answered countless questions and guided me every step of the way in putting this statue together. So, a very big thanks to everyone who helped out in making this statue a reality and I hope you enjoy the pics of my new "grail" piece. :cool

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

img20121101092656.jpg

img1616sf.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

img20121101093010.jpg

img20121101092724.jpg

And here's a quick 1 min. video clip: